All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

1 minute ago, claretman said:

DC727D21-A560-4AB6-96EF-5FDB9835B784.jpeg

Years ago I went to Germany for a second interview with the company director. He had a swanky office and secretary and she brought in a tray of drinks. It was a red hot day and obviously I was a bit nervous, I accepted the offer of a drink and grabbed a bottle of water.

It was sparkling water 🤢 I was having to force this horrible drink down to avoid not appearing ungrateful as well as bullshit my way through the interview.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Years ago I went to Germany for a second interview with the company director. He had a swanky office and secretary and she brought in a tray of drinks. It was a red hot day and obviously I was a bit nervous, I accepted the offer of a drink and grabbed a bottle of water.

It was sparkling water 🤢 I was having to force this horrible drink down to avoid not appearing ungrateful as well as bullshit my way through the interview.

So did you get the job? 😃

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't see why anybody who drinks Coke, Pepsi, etc. would have a problem with carbonated water. 

Because it doesn’t taste anything like Coke, Pepsi, etc.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, claretman said:

So did you get the job? 😃

Because it doesn’t taste anything like Coke, Pepsi, etc.

Well, no, it doesn't really taste of anything. Just like still water. If it's the bubbles you don't like, do you hanker after 'still cola'? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Well, no, it doesn't really taste of anything. Just like still water. If it's the bubbles you don't like, do you hanker after 'still cola'? 

I think because there’s bubbles you expect flavour, but there isn’t any, so it tastes weird.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Don't see why anybody who drinks Coke, Pepsi, etc. would have a problem with carbonated water. 

Ermmm. Why? It's a completely different flavour. It's like saying I don't see why anyone who drinks Bacardi would have a problem with wine. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I think because there’s bubbles you expect flavour, but there isn’t any, so it tastes weird.

There is a strong flavour. Tastes tangy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I drink Pepsi and the occasional Coke but carbonated water is absouletly terrable

• Like 1

I also absolutely hate sparkling water, whether that's flavoured or even with squash or something like that. I don't mind the San Pellegrino fruit drinks, but they taste more like regular fizzy soft drinks rather than flavoured sparkling water. I've never looked at the sugar content of those but I imagine that's got something to do with it.

Â