All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You can file her under 'People I've never heard of'. 

She is pretty famous. That’s quite an accomplishment to never have even heard of her.

Louis-Dreyfus has received 11 Primetime Emmy Awards (eight for acting and three for producing) in addition to nine Screen Actors Guild Awards and one Golden Globe Award. She received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010 and was inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame in 2014. She was named as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people in the world in 2016.[4] She has also received numerous honors including the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor in 2018 and the National Medal of Artsin 2021.[5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Louis-Dreyfus

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

She is pretty famous. That’s quite an accomplishment to never have even heard of her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Louis-Dreyfus

Blind spots, innit.

I wouldn’t have known that name and having googled up pictures… nope.

But then I don’t really watch films and from a quick google the word ‘marvel’ came up. So, unless she was in that last Guardians movie there is no chance I’d recognise her. Even if she was in that film she was probably CGI’d to be a stick or a hedgehog or a sentient trifle or something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Blind spots, innit.

I wouldn’t have known that name and having googled up pictures… nope.

But then I don’t really watch films and from a quick google the word ‘marvel’ came up. So, unless she was in that last Guardians movie there is no chance I’d recognise her. Even if she was in that film she was probably CGI’d to be a stick or a hedgehog or a sentient trifle or something.

She’s not really known for films. It’s her TV career that has won her all the awards. 

You’d probably enjoy ‘Veep’ actually. It’s a political satire made by the guy who created ‘The thick of it’. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What was she in? 

Seinfeld and VEEP are the main two I believe.

Literally from a billionaire family but as I understand it she has kinda managed to distinguish her successful career away from her incredibly privileged background. 

By that I mean the perception is she’s a very talented performer who happens to be from a billionaire family. She’s mainly successful because she’s good, rather than getting a leg up in the industry.

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Saturday Night Live in the 80s then Seinfeld in the 90s and Veep in the 2000s plus a few other shows here and there. 

Figures. Never watched 'em. 

They only famous Dreyfus I know of is Captain Alfred Dreyfus, focus of political scandal in 1890s France. 

(Cue half of VT going 'Who???')  :)

Â