What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

The Wedding Present were the first band that I did multiple dates on tours for. I would travel and look to see them on 3 to 4 dates. The Nobody’s Twisting Your Arm tour was a marathon and all dates bar one. Nothing beat teenage passion for music and up until the album Watusi I must have seen them close to 30 times. I was at that gig on that video. 
Anyway you should never meet your heroes and I did. I was starting a Wedding Present fanzine that lasted 1 issue and had the opportunity to meet Dave Gedge, the singer. I spent hours with him in a pub in Leeds. I walked out thinking I don’t think I like this guy. 
Shortly after the guitarist left/was asked to leave, and as a kid initially travelling round the country to see this band, and him recognising me, he was the one that made sure I was OK. He was a great guy. But after he left and Gedge being a bit of a tool I stopped seeing them, bought a few more records but really it wasnt the same. 
Saw them at a festival about ten years ago and it remains as Gedges tribute act with a revolving backing band. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 3

Â