What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I seem to recall erm obtaining this white label from Chaper 22's offices in the Custard Factory. I think today may be the second or third time I ever played it

I am fearful of being critical of small birmingham bands as a member might be on here but these were shocking. 

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am fearful of being critical of small birmingham bands as a member might be on here but these were shocking. 

I think I saw them a couple of times, maybe with PWEI or someone else from that scene. Can't say they made an impression on me and it still really isn't.

But I am now down to a pile of 12" singles that are keep or skip. This will be keep purely for its residual value

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I seem to recall erm obtaining this white label from Chaper 22's offices in the Custard Factory. I think today may be the second or third time I ever played it

It's of a time, but I quite like that.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Another one for the ... why wasn't it a hit files

Written by my landlord and flatmate at the time (Peter Coyle & Ian Martin Wright)

Again, it was released a number of times and was massive in the clubs, never made a dent in the charts

And yes, she was fit

They used to play that in a club I used to go to in Wolvo - can't remember the name of it - Shades, Squires, Shadows... something like that. began with an 'S' I think. Early 80s.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Its not the absolute worst song I have heard this year, but its the worst I have heard that isn’t played on country radio. 

I doubt it'll be played on any radio with those words in it :)

I like Sleaford Mods stuff.

• Like 2

R-168991-1402776029-8813.jpeg.jpg

This is a Double 7" but I've only still got the second piece and the first is missing but this has Godstar on in so it's still a keeper...

A lesson in Student Union realpolitik.

People on the ENTS Ctte are arrogant, funny, hedonistic and generally anti-establishment

People on the Rag Charity Ctte are generally do gooding, Christian, low self-esteem, unfashionable and culturally inept

It is not a good mix and in my time the yearly sketch goes like this...

Rag Chair: Hi, we need to book some bands for the Rag Ball, could you give us a hand, it all for charity.... blah blah

Ents Sec: No F*** Off!

Rag Chair complains to Union Officers that we won't help them

President of Union: Come on guys, help the Rag Ctte.

Ents Sec: NO F*** Off!

President takes motion to Student Council along the lines of, this council mandates ENTS Ctte to book bands for Rag Ball on behalf of Rag Ctte

Ents Sec: (inwardly laughing) Oh OK then

Like I said, in my time a yearly occurence, same sketch every year.

And that is how Psychic TV came to play at Liverpool University for the Rag Ball. Psychic TV didn't play Students Unions, they hated Students but the Ents Managers little sister happened to be one of Genesis P Orridge's "disciples". The gig was booked on the understanding that it would lose a shitload for charidee (they hated that too). We paid them about £4k iirc (silly money back then). The gig needed to sell about 1200 to break even, the capacity was 1500. Actual attendance... less than 100 and did I mention the used tampons dangled around the stage?

The previous year we pulled exactly the same stunt with The Toy Dolls, 13 tickets sold

I think the Rag Ctte was disbanded the next year, either that or there was no Ball

• Haha 1

Â