What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Yeah its only one of the best songs ever recorded. I know, how has it passed you by? Well catch up, hit play and enjoy.  Whats that, you only think its OK or heaven forbid a bit shit. Sorry son, you are wrong. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah its only one of the best songs ever recorded. I know, how has it passed you by? Well catch up, hit play and enjoy.  Whats that, you only think its OK or heaven forbid a bit shit. Sorry son, you are wrong. 

made me think of this 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

quite amazingly the B side to the above by Judy Collins was 'who know where the times goes'  

Thank you. A great song is a great song and its a beautiful version, something different to FC/Sandy Denny. That said for me at least Sandy Denny hits all the right points. Interestingly the guitar on Judy Collins version sounds better than Richard Thompsons. Wiki tells me its James Burton. With that I am off to buy that Judy Collins album. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Thank you. A great song is a great song and its a beautiful version, something different to FC/Sandy Denny. That said for me at least Sandy Denny hits all the right points. Interestingly the guitar on Judy Collins version sounds better than Richard Thompsons. Wiki tells me its James Burton. With that I am off to buy that Judy Collins album. 

Just doing exactly the same 

I have just discovered these. A Japanese Experimental rock band originally formed in 1967 and lastd until 1988. Never officially released a record, most of what it out there is bootlegged. The original bass player was involved in the hijacking of Air Japan flight 351 in 1970 as part of the Japanese Red Army and the band leader of whom little is known about is / was also believed to have been a sympathiser.

Another one of those if Nico did Krautrock things but this time with the Velvets thrown in for good measure

16 hours ago, bickster said:

We all know THE cover version is better

Several covers are better, IMO.  Dunno if you’re being ironic or dead serious, so apologies, but TMC’s version, Jeff’s version, Laughing Len’s all beat the original. I even like HMHB’s Vatican broadside version.

It was only when some singing telly prog thing got hold of it that most people even heard of the song, and ever since...loads of sh*te covers.

Â