What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Listening to this earlier, bored out of my mind between various phonecalls and system issues, it suddenly dawned on me that this song is actually about the lyricists (not a big enough fan of Led Zep to know who was on the lyrics) dick.

I must have listened to it hundreds of times over the years and never noticed. I believe this is an example of Fridge Logic.

Because it is actually what I'm looking at right now and it's quite magnificent

For the fact fans, the original song title was Liverpool Sunset (Ray Davies 2010) and Waterloo is a suburb at the mouth of the Mersey and I'm just up the road from there

• Like 2

On 18/04/2020 at 12:31, sne said:

Saw her chest region repeatedly from the front row, dead center.  I have no idea how she thought the top was going to stay up.  She, as in Belinda Carlisle solo opening for David Bowie sometime in 1990. 8/10.  When Bowie started maybe 2 songs in my wife, well girlfriend, got somewhat squashed and passed out. Had security drag her over the barrier.  He was not too happy when I jumped over as well. She recovered and we saw the rest of the show from a long was away.

• Like 1

Clifford T Ward is an undiscovered, or at the very least forgotten, gem. One of the finest british songwriters.

I think I was 17 when I first heard Clifford T Ward. There was an all night thing on BBC 2 the night of the General Election. It was on the history of the misoc video and they played Home Thoughts from abroad as an example of a TOTP made music video. I have been a fan since. 

Intro to said show with links to the full show for those interested.

https://youtu.be/l5B3NMOtB2s

Edited by Seat68

Â