What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Back off the cheese now.

When is a cover not a cover? I guess when two of the originators play on the track including the vocalist

The often forgotten other side of Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil (The 4AD Superband). Two tracks by Modern English rolled into one 16Days and Gathering Dust

Also, we had a debate somewhere about the best B-Side ever. Song to the Siren was the A side of the 7" but is the B-side of the 12" so I'd nominate Song to the Siren as a potential best B Side

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Prompted by the capital “W” talk in the Things you often (wah wah wah wah) Wonder thread.

Inspired by the above, Del Shannon in 1983...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Prompted by the capital “W” talk in the Things you often (wah wah wah wah) Wonder thread.

Max Crook played the synth on that. He teamed up with Scott Ludwing to make...

Not nearly as famous as Gershon Kingsley's 'Popcorn', but a fab record nonetheless and prescient of what was to come with electronic music.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Intelligent heavy metal, according to Mr Fripp :)

That album confused a lot of people when it came out. "Schizoid Man" was indeed ultra heavy - you could easily imagine Sabbath playing it. But the rest of the album was mostly gentle, pastoral music - all flutes and mellotrons. Great record, mind. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That album confused a lot of people when it came out. "Schizoid Man" was indeed ultra heavy - you could easily imagine Sabbath playing it. But the rest of the album was mostly gentle, pastoral music - all flutes and mellotrons. Great record, mind. 

It confused me after hearing Schizoid  Man, because as you say, the rest is quite gentle. The instrumental "Red" is heavy too. 

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It confused me after hearing Schizoid  Man, because as you say, the rest is quite gentle. The instrumental "Red" is heavy too. 

Oh, Fripp has always had a fondness for a bit of in your face noisy riffing - although in recent years, it tends to be a lot more jazzy, wonky time signatures, etc. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Oh, Fripp has always had a fondness for a bit of in your face noisy riffing - although in recent years, it tends to be a lot more jazzy, wonky time signatures, etc. 

He's done some pretty complex stuff over the years. 

• Like 1

Â