What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

I think maybe the balance of power was different in different towns.

We wouldn't have had problems with slow thinking biker types. We thought they were funny.

I'm making it sound like I was some super bad street fighter. We were just a persistent nuisance to anyone with long hair or ac/dc patches on their dirty clothes really.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think maybe the balance of power was different in different towns.

We wouldn't have had problems with slow thinking biker types. We thought they were funny.

I'm making it sound like I was some super bad street fighter. We were just a persistent nuisance to anyone with long hair or ac/dc patches on their dirty clothes really.

Brum had a lot of both back in '79-80. Balance went our way in the wake of NWOBHM.

But admit it, scooters are **** ghey :)

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My grandad has still got all his leathers. He has a leather waistcoat with all patches, and badges on it. Pretty smart tbf. 

That's why today, if I see anyone on a bike without leathers or decent boots, they're a **** idiot.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That's why today, if I see anyone on a bike without leathers or decent boots, they're a **** idiot.

I find most bikers to be idiots these days. Bloody lunatics. Saying that, I'm on about the super bike riders. 

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There are a group of Mods who meet up every Sunday in this cafe in town. They are all older blokes wearing all the gear on their scooters. 

Hush puppies and Paul Weller haircuts I bet, wierdoes

• Like 1

Didn't much like The Jam or The Style Council, but 'Wild Wood' surprised me. Sounded like Traffic backing Joe Cocker. Then he declined again. But that one album, great. 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Didn't much like The Jam or The Style Council, but 'Wild Wood' surprised me. Sounded like Traffic backing Joe Cocker. Then he declined again. But that one album, great. 

Has that got "Changing Man" on? It's the only thing of his I like, proper rocker.

I have an incomplete Jam collection. I got what I could whilst they were a going concern, every flexi disc, japanese import, EP and album I could afford on pocket money. Once they finished, that was it, not a greatest hits album since.  

They were the best. Once they walked away, so did everyone in my little clique. 

To return to tribute bands again, when From The Jam did a gig in the Memo down the hill from my house, I didn't go. I couldn't be bothered to walk down a hill to see two thirds of the Jam. Of those of us that still meet up at the football, none of us went to that show.

I didn't think that much of The Style Council, they were ok. Cafe Blue is an interesting sort of half jazzy album. Weller on his own is just wallpaper bland. Interesting that people would like stuff like Wild Wood / Changing Man, it's not for me, but I guess we're coming at it from different angles. 

spot the massive Dr Feelgood impressions going on in the first 15 seconds of this one

pub rock

• Like 2

Oh, and just to cross over two threads. Long before the awful smiths had their 'meat is murder' thing going on, Weller gave me a bunch of stickers for my guitar.

'animal based cancer research is a bloody fraud'

Not quite as catchy I'll grant you. 

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I didn't think that much of The Style Council, they were ok.

Got to say that I liked them (though wouldn't qualify as a 'fan') but especially have a soft spot for DC Lee.

Edited by snowychap

I got my free stickers shortly after bumping in to Weller and DC Lee, er, bumping in to each other.

Weller's girlfriend of the time, GT,  had gone up to bed and that pair had somehow got lost and ended up in the hotel kitchens with the lights off.

I got a stack of stickers, assorted tee shirts in assorted sizes, a mix tape out of their ghetto blaster and about £30 in fivers.

• Haha 1

Â