What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

On 1/24/2018 at 15:45, dAVe80 said:

Funny coincidence:   Local public radio station was doing a segment on upcoming arts events and was playing this in the background as they announced a gallery exhibition of LP cover art.  I don't think I'd ever heard his version of the song before your post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t think I’d consider a song a true b-side if it also appears on a proper studio album.

I agree. Which is where many of the Beatles ones score. They didn't even put the A-sides on albums as a rule. 

• Like 1

hmmm, single B sides, I'm gonna claim that 'move on up' cover by the Jam on the flip of Beat Surrender is the absolute all time best 

absolute stone cold science law fact

it's not better than the original, it's very different, it's angry white kids discovering soul and realising the best band in the world is calling it a day because 5 years ago they said they'd jack it in at the top 

strange thing is, since the Jam, I'm really not bothered one way or the other by Weller, the Jam was bigger than the sum of its parts

Just now, rjw63 said:

As a biker I never liked the Jam, and Weller is as interesting as a railway timetable

As an ex member of the feral Distant Echo Scooter Club, we'd have had great fun together of a Friday night. ;)

Friday and Saturday nights were fight nights. The past is a foreign country and all that.

As I say, it was The Jam, not Weller. Just like the old british lions '99' shout, we had a club rule of fighting if the song Eton Rifles was played. Great fun.

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

As an ex member of the feral Distant Echo Scooter Club, we'd have had great fun together of a Friday night. ;)

Friday and Saturday nights were fight nights. The past is a foreign country and all that.

As I say, it was The Jam, not Weller. Just like the old british lions '99' shout, we had a club rule of fighting if the song Eton Rifles was played. Great fun.

many a time we'd roll up at a pub in our biker gang of 8 or 9 (the oldest dude had a Bonneville 750) and if there were scooters outside I'd draw big cocks on them with my trusty permanent marker ;)

• Haha 1

Â