What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

INXS? Never made any impression on me either way. The very definition of 'meh'. 

I can see why. I'd lump them in with U2 as that type of music. They were much better than U2 though. One of those bands I was crazy on growing up. 

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can see why. I'd lump them in with U2 as that type of music. They were much better than U2 though. One of those bands I was crazy on growing up. 

Yep, the U2 comparison is a good one. I think U2 were basically a pretty good pub band. Their elevation to world superstar level totally baffled me. 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Definitely my least favourite Beatles album. 

Probably the most popular, but the songs can get a bit dull at times. On first listen it was very enjoyable. It doesn't hold the test of time compared to some of the other albums. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Yep, the U2 comparison is a good one. I think U2 were basically a pretty good pub band. Their elevation to world superstar level totally baffled me. 

I'm the opposite. I can see why they went to stadium rock gods. I don't mind some songs, but I don't own anything by them, and probably never will. 

15 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Funny coincidence:   Local public radio station was doing a segment on upcoming arts events and was playing this in the background as they announced a gallery exhibition of LP cover art.  I don't think I'd ever heard his version of the song before your post.

It's a wonderful version. My friends at Durham Miner's Association pointed me in the direction of a video of him singing it to a group of miners at a colliery in Scotland. It's fantastic too, obviously. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I sometimes think you're American. 

Ha...I listen to American rock radio all the time, currently got BobRocks 101.5 from Greencastle Pennsylvania.

Also listen to HardRadio Texas

• Like 1

Â