What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

my bragging claim to fame, I'm a friend of a friend of Mary's

seen her live a few times, including being lucky enough to be sat quietly on the floor at Maida Vale whilst she recorded something for BBC 6

6826696486_73e0a21918_n.jpg 8641835988_dbafb7616c_n.jpg

• Like 2

I heard the other version from Plagiarism on Radio 2 driving home an hour so checked it out on Spotify when I got home and noticed a Faith No More version as well. Both excellent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Saw him in a bar in Seattle 30 odd years ago.  I wish I could say he was fantastic, but I honestly don't remember anything about the show other than that I was really into the blues at that time and am sure i enjoyed it immensely.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Saw him in a bar in Seattle 30 odd years ago.  I wish I could say he was fantastic, but I honestly don't remember anything about the show other than that I was really into the blues at that time and am sure i enjoyed it immensely.

That's pretty awesome. I'm a little too young to have been able to see any of the old Blues masters play live. 

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

my bragging claim to fame, I'm a friend of a friend of Mary's

seen her live a few times, including being lucky enough to be sat quietly on the floor at Maida Vale whilst she recorded something for BBC 6

6826696486_73e0a21918_n.jpg 8641835988_dbafb7616c_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure I mentioned to you, that my mate Horse (Mark) played banjo and Steel pedal for her for a while. I'm not sure if he still does, as I think he's mostly been concentrating on his new business of fixing up old amplifiers (he's been on some BBC daytime TV show doing the same recently).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned to you, that my mate Horse (Mark) played banjo and Steel pedal for her for a while. I'm not sure if he still does, as I think he's mostly been concentrating on his new business of fixing up old amplifiers (he's been on some BBC daytime TV show doing the same recently).

One of her friends and her cousin stayed over at mine one weekend.

On the Saturday night they went out to some cos play thing with my kids at some nightclub. The outfits involved dying their hair blue.

Having done their hair, they then sat in my two new cream leather chairs...

The chairs were dyed blue and the pair of them were stood there, dolled up as a pair of Japanese anime characters that appeared to mostly be about stockings and tits.

I didn't know where to look.

(I was later commended for being a 'totally cool dad' about it all. Clearly my screams could not be heard from the taxi.)

• Like 1

Â