What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Matthews' Southern Comfort, with a great version of Steve Gillette's 'Darcy Farrow'. This vid from earlier this year doesn't really capture the goosebumps vocal harmonies that I heard at Otley Courthouse last night. 

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Matthews' Southern Comfort, with a great version of Steve Gillette's 'Darcy Farrow'. This vid from earlier this year doesn't really capture the goosebumps vocal harmonies that I heard at Otley Courthouse last night. 

Did they do Woodstock?

On 12/3/2017 at 10:02, bickster said:

Whilst yours is decent this is the better cover imo

You're allowed your opinion :D

This sprung from a conversation about killer melodies.

The melody line in 'Popcorn' was designed to be as catchy as Gershon Kingsley could possibly make it.

We were thinking of other contenders?

We had a long drive down past Stratford yesterday to work, and there was 6 of us in the van. The driver had a speaker and we all had turns picking one artist to listen to 3 random songs by that artist which Spotify selected.  The usual middle of the road stuff was picked, oasis, stone roses, charlatans, and some rap shite. Me and a good friend of mine that morning were on about Lemmy and Motörhead, so I decided to try and educate him and picked Hawkwind . The reaction I got was priceless :), he just couldn't grasp it and all night I kept getting texts saying he couldn't believe a man with a decent ear for music like myself was into that. This coming from someone who's favourite band is The Foo Fighters and Kasabian :rolleyes:

Â