What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you happen to have the live album they did. It was titled "kick out the jams"

Yes, I've got that wrapped up in storage somewhere out the garage.

From memory, I didn't realise it was a live album until I got it home, so it had about a half a play in the first 10 years I owned it. Luckily, even back then when I was even more of a dick than I am now, I understood not to throw away music as it might have something for me later on down the line.

I think I paid a fortune for it as it was hyped up as some special hard to get US import (which you're obviously going to get as a crate find in HMV!). What this actually meant was it had an HMV sticker that said 'import' on the outer cellophane. I'd have been all about imported shit then, for rarity value. Singles by The Jam back then, everything, over and over again if it had a different cover picture and claimed to be from Germany, Japan or Yugoslavia or wherever. Import before the internet was a bit more of a slow burn test of your luck.

I've got an early Jam single from Japan where they've credited the bass guitar player as 'Bluce Foxton'. It was years before I found out that was a deliberate joke.

• Like 2

Always preferred Tony Iommi's riff tone during the ozzy era, but I liked his soloing tone  during the dio era, and I think he had a better tone for the solos during this era. when dio arrived the music changed a lot. Apples and oranges. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â