What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Had almost forgot that band. They made some decent music. This is probably my favourite.

Brilliant band, and Ed Kowalczyk is easily one of my favourite vocalists (even though he's something of a dickhead if what I read is true). I think they peaked with Secret Samadhi, which was a flawless album, but their output after that was still very good.

I know embarrasing little about them, even though I have 4 of their albums. :oops: Throwing copper was my favourite and the rest never really caught me. Not bad, but nothing really exciting either. But I'm considering to give the other albums a 2nd chance.

LIVE are probably my favourite band ever. Throwing Copper was their best in my opinion. Pillar of Davidson is a masterpiece. Funnily enough, I wasn't a big fan of Secret Samadhi. Distance To Here would be next after Copper.

Out of curiosity (I know absolutely nothing about them), how is "LIVE" pronounced?

Rhymes with "dive" or rhymes with "div" ?

Rhymes with "dive".

I would have bet on the other. Have they done a live album called "LIVE LIVE" ?

(though the album version, which doesn't seem to have been uploaded to youtube)

into

(listening to Turnstiles)

I've heard Billy Joel described as "the American Elton John", and I would agree in one respect - when they were good they were very, very good, but both sadly also put out more than their share of utter crap. It's the very early albums that still hold up in both cases.

Trivia: Turnstiles (or at least a few of the songs, considering the subject matter) was originally recorded with Elton John's band in LA before Joel decided to head back east and re-record the album.

The most Elton-sounding album in the Joel catalog, Streetlife Serenade, despite being largely forgotten (it's probably one of the two least-played albums in concert, I suspect (along with The Bridge)) is a gem, IMO, though I'd say that most everything from Piano Man through The Nylon Curtain is good.

Live is one of those bands that I should adore (reasonably progressive hard alternative/rock) but I merely just like them.

I blame them a little for Creed... take out a lot of the progressive aspect and substitute vaguely Christian lyrics for the Eastern mysticism and you've pretty much got Creed IMO.

Still one of the top bands of the 90s in my book, though.

Had almost forgot that band. They made some decent music. This is probably my favourite.

Brilliant band, and Ed Kowalczyk is easily one of my favourite vocalists (even though he's something of a dickhead if what I read is true). I think they peaked with Secret Samadhi, which was a flawless album, but their output after that was still very good.

I know embarrasing little about them, even though I have 4 of their albums. :oops: Throwing copper was my favourite and the rest never really caught me. Not bad, but nothing really exciting either. But I'm considering to give the other albums a 2nd chance.

LIVE are probably my favourite band ever. Throwing Copper was their best in my opinion. Pillar of Davidson is a masterpiece. Funnily enough, I wasn't a big fan of Secret Samadhi. Distance To Here would be next after Copper.

So, I've got secret Samadhi, The distance to here, Throwing copper and V, so which one shall I chose to play in the car today when I go to work?

Â