What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

3 hours ago, Xela said:

This came on the radio in the barbers earlier

20 years ago! 

There's a hidden circle of hell, below the frozen lake Cocytus, where they just play this song on a loop for all eternity.

• Haha 1

On 05/02/2022 at 10:28, GarethRDR said:

There's a hidden circle of hell, below the frozen lake Cocytus, where they just play this song on a loop for all eternity.

Also has REALLY heavy incel vibes when you think of it. At the end of the song there are lyrics that straight up say the song is written BY the ‘Sk8r boi’ we literally only have the word of a bitter adult man who is still clearly hung up on a girl he had a thing for in school who we have no guarantee even knows he exists let alone regrets ‘missing out’ 😂

18 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

Also has REALLY heavy incel vibes when you think of it. At the end of the song there are lyrics that straight up say the song is written BY the ‘Sk8r boi’ we literally only have the word of a bitter adult man who is still clearly hung up on a girl he had a thing for in school who we have no guarantee even knows he exists let alone regrets ‘missing out’ 😂

I struggle with the last couple of verses, who is this other girl and the line "Singing the song we wrote
About a girl you used to know." Who is you?

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I struggle with the last couple of verses, who is this other girl and the line "Singing the song we wrote

So as far as I can tell the story is that Avril herself is singing the song written by her partner about some random girl he obsessed over in high school. So Avril Lavigne is the singer and the subject of the song is some un-named girl

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Although when I Google the lyrics it come up with “…about a girl you used to know”, listening to it I think the lyric is “…about a girl he used to know”.

I have a bit of a bugbear with songs that reference the fact that their songs.

I always preferred “Complicated”.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

Â