Overrated Movies

maqroll

As for No Country, I wasn't aware that it had any sort of reputation.

It has a very, very good reputation (rightly so, it's a **** masterpiece imo) and then there's the 4 Academy Awards, two Golden Globes and it being critically acclaimed by the majority.

• Like 3

As for No Country, I wasn't aware that it had any sort of reputation.

It has a very, very good reputation (rightly so, it's a **** masterpiece imo) and then there's the 4 Academy Awards, two Golden Globes and it being critically acclaimed by the majority except the rightful opinion of Zatman

;)

• Like 1

Overrated is rather a subjective word. The greatest film ever made (probably the Godfather) could be deemed as overrated, because it is by some. I would say that Avatar and Transformers is just awful, overrated by any that says it is. We all have fims we don't get, the big Labowski for me.

Overrated is rather a subjective word. The greatest film ever made (probably the Godfather) could be deemed as overrated, because it is by some. I would say that Avatar and Transformers is just awful, overrated by any that says it is. We all have fims we don't get, the big Labowski for me.

this is Villatalk. If anything like the player threads either a film is a masterpiece or the worst thing ever. no inbetween ;)

Most have already been mentioned. Shawshank Redemption, the Green Mile, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Transformers 2, 3 and 4, Gravity, Avatar and Spider-Man 3 are the ones that immediately come to mind.

To be fair, Transformers 4 and Spiderman 3 got a critical mauling so aren't really overrated (just shite :D ). Agree on Avatar though, the praise for that was really puzzling considering it was basically an overlong tech demo.

For this year GOTG. I don't even think it's THAT bad but from what I've read on here you would be led to believe it's on par with Citizen Kane.

The Avengers on the other hand IMO was a pile of shite. I found it unbearable to watch.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind has to be number 1 though. Never been a fan of Usual Suspects either. The Big Lewowski has to be up there as well.

Edited by donnie
  • Like 1

Gangs of New York

The Deer Hunter

Id personally say Gangs of New York was underrated. I've heard many people say it was Scorsese's worst film but personally I really liked it. Daniel Day Lewis' performance was one of the best ive seen in my lifetime.

There Will Be Blood.  There was certainly a lot of trying to stay awake as I watched the boring shite.

The Hangover - some people will swear it's the funniest film they've ever seen.  I've had more laughs watching a 0-0 Villa draw as the last match on MOTD.  Truly horrifically unfunny.

Moulin Rouge - I realise it's mainly only women who rate it, but this monstrosity gets my vote as the worst film ever made.  I'd rather Ed Miliband's General Election victory speech than watch that again.

The Hangover - some people will swear it's the funniest film they've ever seen.  I've had more laughs watching a 0-0 Villa draw as the last match on MOTD.  Truly horrifically unfunny.

Moulin Rouge - I realise it's mainly only women who rate it, but this monstrosity gets my vote as the worst film ever made.  I'd rather Ed Miliband's General Election victory speech than watch that again.

Bang on with those two Mart - but I may have to punch you in the baby maker for not liking There Will be Blood  ;)

Â