Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Its looking likely to me. The run of form we have been on for the past 38 games is relegation form, as its yeilded just 33 points. Worryingly though, our form is actually getting worse with the past 19 returning just 12 points. Extrapolate that across a full season and you have a side with 24 points and 14 goals.

The worst side in the league, Leicester, should really have humped us 5 or 6 and we could have had no complaints. I am not sure where to confidence comes from that we can get the results we need against Hull or Stoke.

Comes to something when even Ads has stopped predicting us to win every single game. ;)

Worrying times.

We just have to hope this abysmal form stops somewhere. We keep the ball a lot better now, I mean we actually had 52% at the Emirates last week, not many teams do that but we have zero creativity. We might get one or two half chances in 90 mins and that has been the case for far too long over a year now.

It changed after that home game against Soton this season which was embarrassing how little we had the ball, we looked like a League two side, at home aswell. Far too many players play below par every week, something has to change. Its been stale for too long and I cant see past a new manager, new coaches, new ideas to change that. This bleak football isnt going to change otherwise it would have by now.

Hopefully Gil, Sinclair and a rejuvenated Benteke and Delph can inspire us to safety but it seems a long shot right now

Benteke can't get any worse

That's the only thing i'm optimistic about

He's a class player surely he has to score sooner or later i hope he mauls a team to pieces on his own like he did when we hammered Sunderland that once

The only convincing home win i can remember under Lambert

Leicester: 61.8%

Hull: 61.5% ^

Burnley: 55.0% vv

QPR: 53.1% v

Villa: 38.0% ^

WBA: 16.3% ^

Palace: 11.0%

Sunderland: 3.1% ^^

Newcastle: 0.1%

Everton: 0.1%

Hull: 67.0% v

Leicester: 57.2%

Villa: 44.6% ^

QPR: 39.5%

Burnley: 34.2% v

WBA: 23.1%

Sunderland: 18.9%

Palace: 14.2% ^^

Everton: 0.8%

Newcastle: 0.5%

• Like 1

He's a class player surely he has to score sooner or later i hope he mauls a team to pieces on his own like he did when we hammered Sunderland that once

He could get injured :-P

He could get injured :-P

Don't say that :(

Nobody knows what's going to happen, we just have to wait and see.

Champions league?

Not this season no, or at least I don't expect it. Beyond that, once the players start to master what Lambert is trying to teach them, who knows? Although I suspect it will take some of the usual challengers to have a bad season if we're to have real crack at it. If Lerner sells the club to someone half decent then Lambert will have a chance of getting us there an whole lot quicker, but let's not kid ourselves these things can take time.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if it was even possible, and was going to write 'I'm not sure if it's even possible, one for the mathematicians to work out'. But then I realised I couldn't spell 'mathematician', so was a bit lazy there. (As it turned out I could spell mathematician, or at least I guessed how to spell it right.)