Weekends football 8/9 November

andykeenan

It really is a peculiar season. Southampton 2nd, West Ham 4th. Arsenal, spurs, Liverpool and to an extent Man City struggling. Could this be the year when one of the smaller clubs like Southampton or West Ham make the champions league.

It really is a peculiar season. Southampton 2nd, West Ham 4th. Arsenal, spurs, Liverpool and to an extent Man City struggling. Could this be the year when one of the smaller clubs like Southampton or West Ham make the champions league.

Southampton were 3rd after 11 games last season because they had had an 'easy' bunch of fixtures to open with.  They had played Liverpool, Manchester United and 8 of the bottom 9 in the division at the time. 

To a certain extent the same is true this season, the only teams they have played who you would have expected to be competing for the top four are Liverpool and Spurs, and Southampton lost both of those games.  They are about to finally play some of the big teams in the division.  They play us after the international break, then they have a very difficult run of 9 games which includes games against Manchester City, Arsenal (twice), Manchester United (twice), Everton and Chelsea.  They could lose quite a lot of games in succession over that period and I wouldn't want to talk up their chances until they are through those fixtures.  

Reminded me of that own goal Lee Dixon scored years back when he chipped Seaman from near the halfway line.

This one?  It wasn't that far out as you remember, but it was about 30 seconds into the first half. :lol: 

Reminded me of that own goal Lee Dixon scored years back when he chipped Seaman from near the halfway line.

This one?  It wasn't that far out as you remember, but it was about 30 seconds into the first half. :lol:

I reckon Dixon received a nice fat envelope for that little chip shot.

I didn't see more than the last 15 minutes of the Swansea game.

Calum Chambers and Wenger gets absolutely crushed by ex-Leicester defender Pontus Kamark. "He doesn't even know the basics" "Its good if a defender can defend and Chambers can't" "Amazing that Wenger doesn't do anything tactically cause he have to see the same thing as me" 

Montero ripped him to sheds. Terrible performance.

He did but he's still a baby in football terms. Same age as Grealish.

When did Grealish turn 25? 

Sorry were we not talking about Calum Chambers?

its no Ronnie Whelan at Old Trafford. that was a cracker

Montero ripped him to sheds. Terrible performance.

He did but he's still a baby in football terms. Same age as Grealish.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

If you're not good enough its because you're too young.

Â