Weekends football 8/9 November

andykeenan

didnt Chambers play most games at Southampton at full back. I dont think he is ready at this level yet if honest and Wenger has put him under a lot of pressure by not buying another centre back to replace Vermaelen

look at Clark and Baker as example of players thrown in at deep end and not in a great environment to find form or develop

I don't know where he's played, but the lad is definitely a centre back. I believe even he prefers playing there, could be wrong. It'd be like calling Baker a left back because that's where he used to play mostly. He aint a full back at all.

didnt Chambers play most games at Southampton at full back. I dont think he is ready at this level yet if honest and Wenger has put him under a lot of pressure by not buying another centre back to replace Vermaelen

look at Clark and Baker as example of players thrown in at deep end and not in a great environment to find form or develop

Yes I think he played all his games at right back for Southampton and was impressive. 

Just googled it to see if I could find the extent of the injury and saw this:

Zurich catalogued the list of injuries suffered by its key player which included torn anterior and interior cruciate ligaments, serious cartilage damage, meniscus tear, a torn kneecap and deep bruising in his thigh.

Yapo is 33 in January, knees take a hell of a long time to heal and he might not be the same player if he does come back.   Possible career ender? 

A guy playing  for my Sunday League team a few years back did more or less the same thing.

Tore 3 cruciates, dislocated his knee cap, broke his leg.

He was 24 and cycling is about the highest impact sport he'll ever manage to do from now on.

Obviously the medical care a professional footballer receives will be better than my mate, but gives you an indication of how bad it is.

Â