Paul Lambert

limpid

I Might as well ask the old Spurs fan who lives in the flat below me for his opinion as well if we are considering Michael Owen's opinion on Villa as relevant.

Yes please - let us know what he says!

Already did, he says Villa look really good with that midfield duo of Draper and Taylor. Dynamic he called them.

• Like 1

v6i3np.jpg

Wow - that is bad!

Was't aware of that one about not scoring in the last 15 minutes:

Is the players fitness up to scratch?

Why are we being so defensive in the last 15 minutes rather than taking the game to the opposition?

Why is the manager unable to make effective substitutions regularly like other managers?

A complete shambles!

I Might as well ask the old Spurs fan who lives in the flat below me for his opinion as well if we are considering Michael Owen's opinion on Villa as relevant.

Already did, he says Villa look really good with that midfield duo of Draper and Taylor. Dynamic he called them.

Sounds like he is up to date on all things Villa!

Sounds like he is up to date on all things Villa!

TBH, I wish he were. Then we'd have those guys in our squad.  :(

• Like 1

Looking at our fixtures, April is a bad month, but the other months you would have to look at, if you had any sort of a half decent team, and think ``We can get points there''.

Problem is, we have a team either not good enough or mismanaged, and a manager who gives the appearance of being bereft of ideas and confidence.

v6i3np.jpg

Wow - that is bad!

Was't aware of that one about not scoring in the last 15 minutes:

Is the players fitness up to scratch?

Why are we being so defensive in the last 15 minutes rather than taking the game to the opposition?

Why is the manager unable to make effective substitutions regularly like other managers?

A complete shambles!

Sample size too small to come to conclusions like that. Not having scored in the last 15 minutes has very little meaning because we've only scored 11 goals. 

• Like 3

That is one view. Not one I agree with actually.

Looking back across the last 12 months in the league we've managed to score once beyond the 75th minute. Yes, scoring is an issue but we seem even less likely to score  in that final stage of the game.

The only goal we did manage to score in the final 15 minutes was strangely enough when we beat Chelsea 1-0.

Hopefully that proves to be the case again today.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Looking back across the last 12 months in the league we've managed to score once beyond the 75th minute. Yes, scoring is an issue but we seem even less likely to score in that final stage of the game.

The only goal we did manage to score in the final 15 minutes was strangely enough when we beat Chelsea 1-0.

That's **** ridiculous.

There was a time when these statistics were defensible. Often they are taken out of context or twisted to suit. That particular one is beyond my comprehension.

He should he ashamed of that, I assume he is.

• Like 1

Looking back across the last 12 months in the league we've managed to score once beyond the 75th minute. Yes, scoring is an issue but we seem even less likely to score  in that final stage of the game.

The last twelve months in the league includes what? Another 10 games. And during a last 15 minute spell in one of those games, we scored? Well looks like our ratio just skyrocketed.

Poor fitness, too defensive, bad substitutions? Maybe. But it's more likely it's just a symptom of our overall inability to score goals. Which is what the problem is. These are not extra problems. The big bad stat is that we can't score goals. When those goals aren't scored is not the problem, it's just that they aren't scored.

• Like 1

That's **** ridiculous.

There was a time when these statistics were defensible. Often they are taken out of context or twisted to suit. That particular one is beyond my comprehension.

He should he ashamed of that, I assume he is.

OTT.

I don't understand? Over the top in what sense?

The last twelve months in the league includes what? Another 10 games. And during a last 15 minute spell in one of those games, we scored? Well looks like our ratio just skyrocketed.

Poor fitness, too defensive, bad substitutions? Maybe. But it's more likely it's just a symptom of our overall inability to score goals. Which is what the problem is. These are not extra problems. The big bad stat is that we can't score goals. When those goals aren't scored is not the problem, it's just that they aren't scored.

The last 12 months would include 14 league games last season and 23 this - so 37 league games.

For the sake of doing it over 38 league games take it back another week so it's over 38.

1 goal in the final 15 minutes across the equivalent of an entire season. Worth a discussion point but obviously I agree the overall problem is the inability of the team to score!

Looking back across the last 12 months in the league we've managed to score once beyond the 75th minute. Yes, scoring is an issue but we seem even less likely to score in that final stage of the game.

We have scored 23 goals in that time, only 1 in the last 15 minutes is quite a big sample. It points to it being a tactical decision to sit back in that period of time, or perhaps a lack of fitness, confidence. Either way, I find that embarrassing.

Â