Paul Lambert

limpid

I both support Paul Lambert in his endeavours, I like him as a person and I want him to succeed for our benefit, but I also don't think he's up to that and think he should he released.

Twilight Zone shit right there.

I'm the same.

My ideal solution would be for Paul Lambert to turn us around and drag us up the table.

I just don't think it will happen.

Surley this is the reasonable solution for everyone, but it's unrealistic. This team is as poor as it's ever been under Lambert, he's run out of ideas compleatly.

The fact I belive he should go back to the shit counter attacking football I've hated for 2 and a half years tells me this.

I both support Paul Lambert in his endeavours, I like him as a person and I want him to succeed for our benefit, but I also don't think he's up to that and think he should he released.

I'm the same.

My ideal solution would be for Paul Lambert to turn us around and drag us up the table.

I just don't think it will happen.

Surley this is the reasonable solution for everyone, but it's unrealistic. This team is as poor as it's ever been under Lambert, he's run out of ideas compleatly.

The fact I belive he should go back to the shit counter attacking football I've hated for 2 and a half years tells me this.

Probably, but I think there are people who have gone beyond that and will hate Lambert whatever happens.

I'm not saying they shouldn't, that's what I was like with McLeish. If Mcleish had finished his season strongly I'd have still wanted him gone.

I just think that's the difference between supporting Lambert and wanting him to stay. I support him, but I still want him sacked.

I want him gone as soon as humanly possible as I don't believe he will ever be able to get the best out of our squad (which for me, is a middle table one), is tactically inept and seemingly doesn't have the players support anymore. But I also like him as a man and believe he has tried his best.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why people use personal abuse against him. He's just a poor football manager, he's hardly the **** Antichrist*

*(that's Noel Edmonds by the way).

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

I can also understand the hate to be honest, what we've been put through for 3 and a half years isn't acceptable for any club.

It goes beyond 3 and a half years.  The whole period has been one of stabilisation after a time of ruining the club with over expenditure.  But then we loved our consistent top 6 finishes so...

I want him gone as soon as humanly possible as I don't believe he will ever be able to get the best out of our squad (which for me, is a middle table one), is tactically inept and seemingly doesn't have the players support anymore. But I also like him as a man and believe he has tried his best.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why people use personal abuse against him. He's just a poor football manager, he's hardly the **** Antichrist*

I don't get that Si, surely all managers try their best?  Even the much despised David O'Leary didn't want to lose games.  Liking him as a person doesn't really come into it in my opinion, although for what it's worth, I don't think he's got many likeable qualities.  The lies he tells put me right off him.

I don't get that Si, surely all managers try their best?  Even the much despised David O'Leary didn't want to lose games.  Liking him as a person doesn't really come into it in my opinion, although for what it's worth, I don't think he's got many likeable qualities.  The lies he tells put me right off him.

So the personal abuse is warranted? :o

So the personal abuse is warranted? :o

Er, where did I say that?

You've hit the nail on the head haven’t you.

For me Lambert is now a spent force here and tactically at this level I think he is way out of his depth. For as long as he remains manager though nothing would please me more than for him to prove me wrong. I think almost all our fans would think the same even if emotions mean that it doesn't come across that way. This club means a lot to all of us though and it gets you like that sometimes.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

You've hit the nail on the head haven’t you.

For me Lambert is now a spent force here and tactically at this level I think he is way out of his depth. For as long as he remains manager though nothing would please me more than for him to prove me wrong. I think almost all our fans would think the same even if emotions mean that it doesn't come across that way. This club means a lot to all of us though and it gets you like that sometimes.

I always find it interesting when people say he's "way out of his depth" at this level.  He was successful with Norwich and we haven't been relegated (yet!).  Surely, thus, he's not way out of his depth?

The same was said about Pardew at Newcastle (I seem to recall them having the worst 2014?  Even worse than us...!) but he went on a winning run and looks good again at Palace.  Out of his depth?

Sacking him now is a massive risk, it's more likely that we get relegated if we get rid now than if we stick with him. Mainly because he knows the players, knows their strengths etc and they are his players and he has been here before and we are still in the PL.

There are loads of stats on here that go against him but people seem to ignore the one overriding stat in his favour - he is managing a team with virtually no transfer budget (have we even spent £10mil this season?), no wiggle room whatsoever for wages. We had no valuable saleable assets when he arrived, so he was not even in a position to generate funds by selling players, and we have not been relegated. Despite all the winter and spring predictions every season since he's been here that we definitely would be, we haven't been - and despite everything this season we still are not in the bottom 3. We're close, sure, but why does everyone expect more with the current set up?

Until this club changes from the top down we WILL be involved in relegation scraps, with relegation scraps you get poor runs, you get inconsistent performances, you get big defeats. The important thing after all that is that you don't get relegated, and we haven't.

Changing him now may improve us, it may not, but sticking with him isn't a guaranteed relegation as he has proven in previous seasons by not being relegated, and proven in this season by keeping us out of the relegation zone up until this point

Is it entertaining football? No

Is it comfortable mid table football? No

Is Lambert faultless in this shambles? Of course not

Is he the only or main reason we're in this mess? No

I think Lambert is the best we can get at the moment, this may not be the case at the end of the season, maybe after this seasons over the risk of replacing him would lower and it's probably worth looking at other options (mainly because he's lost the fans, and we as people are a stubborn bunch so once the fans are lost they're lost).

Tactically we have every right to complain, but remember most top managers do things that don't make sense to us as fans. Man Utd fans we're often left scratching their heads about SAF's team selections and his playing players out of position, but he was one of the greatest managers of all time, we were the same with MON but we were consistently challenging at the right end and even got to the latter stages of cups, we are not managers, there is a reason for that despite what Football Manager would have you believe

We are the way we are because of the puppeteer, not the puppet, changing the puppet won't make much different to the show

• Like 1

A few of my thoughts re Lambert..

I don't actually think, as is often stated, that Lambert has 'lost the dressing room'. A lot of the players have been given a chance to break into Premier League football by the manager and of course Delph signed a new contract. It's more likely that they're baffled by his tactics.

The Arsenal game was dismal but none of us expected a win, though the nature of the loss was the most frustrating.

You only need to look at the difference in starting lineups from the start of each season to see that Lambert has had chances to build his team. With as strong a squad as we've had for some time, in my opinion, the fact we're struggling is indication that a managerial change is needed. 

A few of my thoughts re Lambert..

I don't actually think, as is often stated, that Lambert has 'lost the dressing room'. A lot of the players have been given a chance to break into Premier League football by the manager and of course Delph signed a new contract. It's more likely that they're baffled by his tactics.

I don't think he has either.

The arsenal game was a worry as the players did seem to give up, but I think that was just because they were getting a spanking.

But generally I've always felt the players are playing for the manager. He hasn't lost them, imo.

But again, like the opinion that he's built a pretty good squad, it makes the lack of results all the more frustrating.

A good squad, playing for the manager, but losing all the time. It's not right.

Do you like anyone Risso?

Do you like anyone Risso?

No, you're right, my dislike of David O'Leary and Paul Lambert extends to all of humanity.

Â