Paul Lambert

limpid

We are and so is the league. We can just as well beat Chelsea as lose to Leicester just as they beat man Utd and lost to us. We could just as well scrape a draw as we might put the chances away. Nothing is black and white (or claret and blue). Didn't respond to the part about being bottom or in a relegation battle. We were not bottom after playing the top teams so yes were are unpredictable in the sense that all the naysayers who said we'd be bottom were provd wrong and so far all those saying we are fighting a relegation battle are also wrong or is 12th now the new relegation zone? We may have won only 2 but we've drawn a lot too. Regardless how shit were were against palace at their ground most were saying we'd get turned over but didn't. Were told also we had no chance against Man Utd but we got a point so yea we are unpredictable just as the league is too.

But didn't fans think we were well away from a relegation battle when we were in 11th last year? I don't know what you've seen to make you think we won't be down there again by the end of the year but I'll be amazed if we're not.

Last year we had no chance against Southampton at their ground but I think we won. Just like some are saying we'll lose against this year - who knows we could draw or win just as much as we could lose - I prefer to be positive rather than constantly negative.

We are and so is the league. We can just as well beat Chelsea as lose to Leicester just as they beat man Utd and lost to us. We could just as well scrape a draw as we might put the chances away. Nothing is black and white (or claret and blue). Didn't respond to the part about being bottom or in a relegation battle. We were not bottom after playing the top teams so yes were are unpredictable in the sense that all the naysayers who said we'd be bottom were provd wrong and so far all those saying we are fighting a relegation battle are also wrong or is 12th now the new relegation zone? We may have won only 2 but we've drawn a lot too. Regardless how shit were were against palace at their ground most were saying we'd get turned over but didn't. Were told also we had no chance against Man Utd but we got a point so yea we are unpredictable just as the league is too.

But didn't fans think we were well away from a relegation battle when we were in 11th last year? I don't know what you've seen to make you think we won't be down there again by the end of the year but I'll be amazed if we're not.

I will wait until we are actually there before I wring my hands. Last year we had a shit defence this year it's better. So I personally don't think we will be there but even if we are I personally think we will be ok. We have shown we can stand the pressure when we had 10 men against Utd others. As I said no one can predict what will happen results wise if you can place your bets and make a fortune

2 wins, 3 draws and 2 losses in the last 7 games isn't bad form to be honest, when talking about this "change of style" that is.

It's ok, but when you look at who we've played it's not good enough

Why not? We a mid-table team at the very best, we're bound to lose/draw to some of the teams around us just as we're bound to win some of the games.

We played Sunderland, Crystal P, Swansea, Man U, West Brom, Leicester, Burnley and Palace again in our last 8 and have gotten 10 points from it.

For me we needed a bit more to not yet again be sucked into the relagation fight come the end of the season.

I think it was our best opportunity to distance ourself from the team below us.

Time will tell...

• Like 2

If he sticks with young and hungry, he's wrong.  If he signs experienced players, he's wrong.

Yeah but nobody's said that, have they? People were decrying young and hungry and crying out for more experience, and I haven't seen anyone say that they want young and hungry back.

The problem with the abandonment of young and hungry is that it was Lambert's policy. After all, he built his reputation at Norwich by creating a successful team out of cheap young players. Couple that with an owner looking to reduce costs and I refuse to believe that young and hungry wasn't at least part of the reason Lambert got the job at Villa. Abandoning the policy is tantamount to admitting that one of the reasons Lambert was employed in the first place turned out to be a mistake.

So exactly what I'm saying then.  Sticks with young and hungry, wasn't working - he's wrong.  Acknowledges it wasn't working, changes policy - he's wrong.

If he sticks with young and hungry, he's wrong. If he signs experienced players, he's wrong.

Yeah but nobody's said that, have they? People were decrying young and hungry and crying out for more experience, and I haven't seen anyone say that they want young and hungry back.

The problem with the abandonment of young and hungry is that it was Lambert's policy. After all, he built his reputation at Norwich by creating a successful team out of cheap young players. Couple that with an owner looking to reduce costs and I refuse to believe that young and hungry wasn't at least part of the reason Lambert got the job at Villa. Abandoning the policy is tantamount to admitting that one of the reasons Lambert was employed in the first place turned out to be a mistake.

So exactly what I'm saying then. Sticks with young and hungry, wasn't working - he's wrong. Acknowledges it wasn't working, changes policy - he's wrong.

If the results the same then yes he is.

If I'm trying to solve a maths calculation and get it wrong. It doesn't really matter that I tried different ways to solve it.

If I'm trying to solve a maths calculation and get it wrong. It doesn't really matter that I tried different ways to solve it.

In which case, he shouldn't have changed anything at all despite the fans crying out for it?

If he sticks with young and hungry, he's wrong. If he signs experienced players, he's wrong.

So exactly what I'm saying then. Sticks with young and hungry, wasn't working - he's wrong. Acknowledges it wasn't working, changes policy - he's wrong.

As a classroom teacher If my kids told me they tried to do something in different ways to solve the problem and it didn't work I am not going to tell them they shouldn't have bothered because they got it wrong anyway. I will give them the tools to solve the problem properly and all the support they need.

Waiting for someone to say something hilarious now like "A kid could probably do better than Lambert"

Edited by sexbelowsound

Conceded too many goals .........................." can't believe he's changed philosophy it shows he has no idea "

Damned if he does damned if he doesn't

But thats the whole point

no matter what he does its all the same.

Proof he's not good enough as a manager.

If I pick the same numbers for the lottery week in week out and dont win. Then change my numbers once in a while/every week/more attempts at number/less attempts at numbers but still dont win.

Then I'm not good at winning the lottery.

Should I keep trying? or find something I'm good at to make money/a living/Millions?????

As a classroom teacher If my kids told me they tried to do something in different ways to solve the problem and it didn't work I am not going to them they shouldn't have bothered because they got it wrong anyway. I will give them the tools to solve the problem properly and all the support they need.

Waiting for someone to say something hilarious now like "A kid could probably do better than Lambert"

I didn't say he shouldn't have bothered but at the end of the day the result is the same. So this dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't thing to have a go at fans unhappy doesn't really fly with me. He's dammed because he can't get it to work not just because of his change in approach.

As a classroom teacher If my kids told me they tried to do something in different ways to solve the problem and it didn't work I am not going to them they shouldn't have bothered because they got it wrong anyway. I will give them the tools to solve the problem properly and all the support they need.

No I agree kids couldn't do better!

But maybe they should change the teacher who can show them how to do it right in the first place :D

Remaining games: 

Leicester - 3 Draw or Lose?

Liverpool - 0

Arsenal   - 0

Chelsea - 0

Hull - 1

Stoke - 3 Like to see that, not so sure (1pt)

Newcastle - 0

W Brom - 3 Pulis v Lambert = 0-0 or Pulis win

Sunderland - 1

Man U - 0

Spurs - 0

QPR - 3

Man City - 0

Everton - 1

West Ham - 1

Southampton - 0

Leaving us with 29/30/31/32 points and -GD

Burnley - 3 ??? Sean D. will be spitting fire if they're still in with a chance

Strangely, my working out actually matches our current form but leaves us on 41 points.

See bold (maybe I didnt have to point that out) :P

• Like 1

My prediction

Remaining games:

Leicester - 3

Liverpool - 0

Arsenal - 1

Chelsea - 0

Hull - 1

Stoke - 3

Newcastle - 0

W Brom - 1

Sunderland - 1

Man U - 0

Spurs - 0

QPR - 3

Man City - 0

Everton - 1

West Ham - 1

Southampton - 0

Burnley - 3

Would leave us with 39 points.

In which case, he shouldn't have changed anything at all despite the fans crying out for it?

In that case,

despite the "changes" he's still F***ing it up

should have just walked

Conceded too many goals .........................." can't believe he's changed philosophy it shows he has no idea "

If I pick the same numbers for the lottery week in week out and dont win. Then change my numbers once in a while/every week/more attempts at number/less attempts at numbers but still dont win.

Should I keep trying? or find something I'm good at to make money/a living/Millions?????

buy more tickets gives you a better chance

Thing is we have retained our position in the league which is all you can realistically expect to be honest given the level of investment, it shows he is doing a good job to keep us where we are and in order for us to progress we need to be buying better players

I want it back. In fact, I never wanted it abandoned in the first place. It was a viable model if executed properly. Signing a bunch of experienced players with no re-sale value is short-term and leads nowhere. Lambert completely u-turning on this policy with it being the entire basis of his 'project' was one of the most cowardly and pathetic things I've ever seen. The problem was only in his execution of it, not in the model itself.

Edited by Isa

buy more tickets gives you a better chance

Thing is we have retained our position in the league which is all you can realistically expect to be honest given the level of investment, it shows he is doing a good job to keep us where we are and in order for us to progress we need to be buying better players

So when Lambert says it is his best squad yet and with the improvement of other players (Westwood, Baker, Clark), and the addition of Hutton and Cissokho who are better than Lowton and Bennett. With one of the best strikers in Europe, a solid keeper, and with Delph who will be playing for a top 6 club next season... added to the fact we don't care if Vlaar is missing anymore, as Okore has stepped in and looked an even better player.

With all of this in mind, he's doing a good job by struggling to improve on two very very very poor seasons?

Edited by DK82
  • Like 1

(Quote not working ???)

You said......

This is where I beg to differ

what we've had, Lamberts buys (he's very good at this), and what's coming through, we should be doing better.

With a better Manager/Coach/Coaches we wouldn't be shitting ourselves every season

Â