Paul Lambert

limpid

Wrong starting formation. Made the correct changes in the second half. That is a game we should have won.

Need more creativity in this window. Over to you Randolph.

I think its a bit of a cop out to lay lack of creativity at the owner.

We're 2 and a half years into Lambert's reign, we should be better than we are in this respect and not have to rely on money to make it better.

Here here, blame Lerner for Lambert's inadequacies.

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

I saw in his post that he is asking Lerner to open his chequebook this January.

Strange series of posts.

It implied that the only way to solve it is to spend more money. While I think the squad does need quality added to it I don't think lack of funds excuses just how poor an attacking team we are this season.

Wrong starting formation. Made the correct changes in the second half. That is a game we should have won.

We're 2 and a half years into Lambert's reign, we should be better than we are in this respect and not have to rely on money to make it better.

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

Strange series of posts.

Asking Lerner to open his cheque book suggests that we need players that Lambert has failed to buy in 2 and a half years.

In addition, our lack of goals means that we will be in a relegation battle. The amount scored is pathetic.

Did we not create enough chances to win today though? I'm suggesting we need more creativity to help us create even more chances. God forbid we should want to improve our squad. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

Strange series of posts.

Asking Lerner to open his cheque book suggests that we need players that Lambert has failed to buy in 2 and a half years.

It does? Not for me. 

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

Strange series of posts.

It implied that the only way to solve it is to spend more money. While I think the squad does need quality added to it I don't think lack of funds excuses just how poor an attacking team we are this season.

Bloody hell, I wasn't saying anything about the lack of funds! I simply suggested we need to sign some more creative players.

Was sbs blaming Lerner?

Strange series of posts.

In addition, our lack of goals means that we will be in a relegation battle. The amount scored is pathetic.

It is but we are still 13th. I think we are a winger and ACM away from a top half side.

Didn't mind the system from the start and did the right thing in changing it. Don't understand having Clark over Cissokho when you're behind though. Having Delph on the right made no sense at all either. Lambert wasn't at all to blame for the result though. Just one of those days.

I wouldn't disagree with that. Probably misread your post and took it a different way.

If that was in response to me then fair enough. No problem.

Yep, I took the post as excusing it with lack of funds. Apologies for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I think we desperately need wide players but Lambert just doesn't seem interested in signing or playing them. I really think it limits us so much.

Didn't mind the system from the start and did the right thing in changing it. Don't understand having Clark over Cissokho when you're behind though. Having Delph on the right made no sense at all either. Lambert wasn't at all to blame for the result though. Just one of those days.

Can't agree with it. Our lack of goals and quality in the final 3rd is down to the manager. He is partly responsible for that.

If we were playing good attacking football and scoring loads he'd rightly get the credit, so IMO he has to take some of the blame when its such a clear issue.

I think us fans are becoming a little blind with the football now a little more entertaining. As progress goes, for me, there is none, 1 point from 9 is proof of this. surely.

Is this just a rephrasing of 'low expectations' again?

Our passing is better, but the wet conditions showed Swansea's superior quality in that area in the first half.

We couldn't control it properly and ended up panicky.

They looked as if it wasn't raining.

Disappointed with today. The lack of creativity is overwhelming. Doesn't matter if we shift to a more possession based approach. Until we can do something with it its fairly futile.

Our passing is better, but the wet conditions showed Swansea's superior quality in that area in the first half.

Disappointed with today. The lack of creativity is overwhelming. Doesn't matter if we shift to a more possession based approach. Until we can do something with it its fairly futile.

Agree with that. I think the fact that we are trying to pass it around now is promising. Also, we must remember that since we've adopted this style we haven't had the opportunity to add players better suited to it. February 1st should tell us more with regards to the new system.

Agree with that. I think the fact that we are trying to pass it around now is promising. Also, we must remember that since we've adopted this style we haven't had the opportunity to add players better suited to it. February 1st should tell us more with regards to the new system.

But this new system isn't some new innovative way of playing the game. We're passing a ball. Doesn't it show Lambert's limitations that after this long we struggle to do something so basic.

I think some of the lack of creativity today was down to the conditions - Swansea (a nice, fluid team) didn't create much either.  I thought we played well today but actually lack quality when the ball came forward on the whole.  We worked into some decent positions and controlled much of the game against a good side.

Continued improvement for me - despite the result.

But this new system isn't some new innovative way of playing the game. We're passing a ball. Doesn't it show Lambert's limitations that after this long we struggle to do something so basic.

His limitations are that he'll try something new?

As per usual - YAWN.

Â