Paul Lambert

limpid

It seems that we should be just happy with our lot and not want more.

We all want more but bitching and moaning about it isn't going to make Lerner sell up any quicker is it.

Especially considering the Club is no longer up for sale.

Still devastates me every time I read that.

We all want more but bitching and moaning about it isn't going to make Lerner sell up any quicker is it.

Still devastates me every time I read that.

Likewise, defending the manager due the economic constraints of the club doesn't help either.

I agree trotting out stats and same argument over and over doesn't help either. I suppose fans feel so powerless and there has been little to no improvement in any measurable way except for a reduction in wage bill.

Nothing will change, and Lerner hasn't ever sacked a manager mid season anyway.

We just have to accept scraping 16-17th is the limit of our ambition.

For the record, like mcleish, I think Lambert is a decent guy, doing a poor job with hands tied behind his back. I just wanna see someone else govern a crack at it.

• Like 3

If the main defence for Lambert is a lack of transfer funds,why keep Lambert when any muppet can build a team with a small fortune to spend,he was brought in to do a job on a limited budget,hes tried ,hes failed.

What job was he brought in to do that he's failed on then, eh?

to win a reasonable amount of games....and when we play give an impression that we know what we are doing.

Club isn't up for sale ? If true shit just got a whole lot worse

If we want to break this 10 years hoodoo of not being able to win at home in any reasonable amounts.... we need a manager that understands the art of keeping the ball.

Now whilst keeping the ball is not meant to mean tippy tappy which the uneducated will resort too, because there is nothing like a bit of extreme view to tickle the heart, we will never change this appalling record until we do keep the ball.

We need a change of football thinking in our club.

Club isn't up for sale ? If true shit just got a whole lot worse

I don't believe that for a second. as the old saying goes: everything has its price.

Lerner's just trying not to look desperate.

• Like 1

If we want to break this 10 years hoodoo of not being able to win at home in any reasonable amounts.... we need a manager that understands the art of keeping the ball.

Now whilst keeping the ball is not meant to mean tippy tappy which the uneducated will resort too, because there is nothing like a bit of extreme view to tickle the heart, we will never change this appalling record until we do keep the ball.

Like calling any mitigation 'mythical', anyone who doesn't agree with you 'in denial' and saying anyone being positive are only doing it because they think it makes them look passionate?

Like calling any mitigation 'mythical', anyone who doesn't agree with you 'in denial' and saying anyone being positive are only doing it because they think it makes them look passionate?

Thank you, you clearly don't agree that keeping the ball is important.....and if you do, why do cynics call it tippy tappy.... sadly I don't think, not keeping the ball, is associated with mitigation.I personally think it is a must and not even up for debate, sorry.

We're in in today's commercial section of The Express & Star

Thank you, you clearly don't agree that keeping the ball is important.....and if you do, why do cynics call it tippy tappy.... sadly I don't think, not keeping the ball, is associated with mitigation.I personally think it is a must and not even up for debate, sorry.

I didn't mention keeping the ball, although keeping the ball is only profitable if you do something with it. West Brom under Mowbray kept the ball wonderfully but couldn't do much else other than keep it and were relegated.

My post was obviously about the part highlighted in bold, which I just found ironic considering those quotes from you.

Based on what I've seen on twitter and following the link to the suns website, from what I could read (I'm not paying for the sun) it seems like they are running an article tomorrow defending lambert and attacking Lerner

Misses the point, ready made excuse for how shit lambert has us playing

I didn't mention keeping the ball, although keeping the ball is only profitable if you do something with it. West Brom under Mowbray kept the ball wonderfully but couldn't do much else other than keep it and were relegated.

My post was obviously about the part highlighted in bold, which I just found ironic considering those quotes from you.

I don't think the argument for keeping the ball has ever been intended to be anything other than doing something with it.... but lets do it first and see if we can do something with it....you know phase 1 phase 2

The extreme view bit is exactly what you have resorted too.....who on earth would champion keeping the ball with a view to doing nothing with that possession. its like night follows day for me.

perhaps i sounded a bit sure of myself....sorry.

24 shots on target this season (average of 2 per game) - 7 less than Aguero has managed by himself!

2 points in 8 games

2 goals in 8 games

25 times in 28 games scored 1 goal or less

15 times in 28 games failed to score even 1 goal (over 50%)

Managed to win 6 of last 28 games (including playing Leyton Orient)

The winless run will be at least 77 days.

We haven't scored one goal after the 50th minute this season!

Lambert out - per the majority.

I don't think the argument for keeping the ball has ever been intended to be anything other than doing something with it.... but lets do it first and see if we can do something with it....you know phase 1 phase 2

The extreme view bit is exactly what you have resorted too.....who on earth would champion keeping the ball with a view to doing nothing with that possession. its like night follows day for me.

The top 5 short passing teams in the league at the moment are: Arsenal, City, Everton, Chelsea and Man U. I wouldn't be surprised if those 5 teams finish in the top positions.

The bottom 5 short passing teams in the league at the moment are: Palace, Burnley, QPR, Villa and Leicester. I wouldn't be surprised if those 5 teams finish in the bottom 5 positions (or at least 4 out of the 5).

Lambert is in his 3rd season and had the opportunity to create a passing philosophy throughout the club and we have the hit and hope hoof one which sadly is unlikely to get you success. It certainly isn't for us.

We're not making progress under this guy - he simply has to go.  25k vs Soton - the fans have spoken. Over to you Randy - wake up.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

perhaps i sounded a bit sure of myself....sorry.

I didn't say anyone was championing keeping the ball and not doing anything with it. I just pointed out, that as West Brom showed, it's possible to have possession and be pretty ineffective. That shown by Mowbrays Albion is probably what would be described as tippy tappy & you don't have to be 'uneducated' to not want that.

There's no problem with sounding sure of yourself but it shouldn't have to mean belittling and insulting those who have a different opinion. To be fair, it's not something that I've noticed in your posts before the last few days.

Maybe I was just being a touch sensitive but just because some people may think that getting rid of Lambert isn't the answer to Villas problems, it doesn't mean they are happy with the situation or aren't suffering as much as those that want Lambert out.

• Like 1

You seem to want to only judge him when everything is going his way and is perfect. That's not football and that's not life. I'm sure a lot of managers look better when you only judge games where everything was set up right for them.

Again this is nonsense, I said Benteke. Specifically that player. Not everything in his favour. I'm talking about by far and away our best and most important player. At our level our equivalent to Suarez or Ronaldo.

OK and like said you had a full first season and 24 games last season to judge us on. What's 6 more this year going to change?

I have already explained last season points per game with and without him. It would have resulted in us being 11th had he played 38 games based on the points per game ratio.

Why this season, because this summer is the first time Lambert has had the freedom to sign experience and offer competitive wages. This is the first time I think he's got his team without the wage bill constraints he was under last summer. I believe he can be fairly judged this season.

The key word is season. Not horrible run of fixtures in first 12 games without Benteke. I mean the full season of fixtures. Once half way through at the end of the year we can begin to give a fair reflection on the season so far. 

I think this is fair. The football is still depressing though, but I get the feeling it's a necessary evil if we're to stay in the league. Really disillusioned with Aston Villa and most of that has to do with the way Lerner is running the club.

Please god no. Really?

Â