Paul Lambert

limpid

£50m spent.

In 5 windows.

To replace a team that cost around double that and was struggling.

Almost man for man he's brought in better players for less transfer fees and far less wages though, great job on that front. It's just on the pitch he seems to have absolutely no clue what to get them to do

No argument there P3te, but it does make me chuckle when money is used as a stick to beat him with.

Played 12 games this season and scored in only 4! That statistic is one to be ashamed of. Funny how that comes out at almost the same percentage as people voting for Lambert to go.

Aiming for under 20 goals by the end of the season. Ambitious.

Played 12 games this season and scored in only 4! That statistic is one to be ashamed of. Funny how that comes out at almost the same percentage as people voting for Lambert to go.

He's had bugger all, but he's used it quite well in theory. It, in some ways, actually IS a stick to beat him with, because with limited resources he's made good purchases and then proceeded to completely ruin them on the pitch

• Like 1

They know what we are...

Been a while since a Prem team came to the Boleyn and time wasted for 30 mins, clung on and then celebrated their 0-0 draw. Sign of progress

Sour grapes. I say Guzan was celebrating his late save, which was top class, rather than the result.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Anyone willing to have a go at comparing book values of the teams fielded by:

1) West Ham today

2) Alec McLeish in the same fixture three ears ago

3) Aston Villa today

Reason I ask is that people are criticising the manager for the desperate style of play. My theory is that this is mainly because the players available for today's game don't amount to a very good Premier League side. The numbers should give some idea.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 1

Reason I ask is that people are criticising the manager for the desperate style of play. My theory is that this is mainly because the players available for today's game don't amount to a very good Premier League side. The numbers should give some idea.

The players available have shown they can play football in the past. You can't really compare a McLeish side full of overpriced, overpaid players with the Lambert team of arguably underpriced ones

• Like 1

1) West Ham today

3) Aston Villa today

What relevance are book values? Ability is all that matters.

I agree with P3te, he's assembled what appears to me to be a decent mid table side, on paper, and he's done it for a pittance. Well done, shame he just can't get them to play like one.

Well earned point today mind. Seeing as he's going nowhere, I'll take whatever we can.

• Like 4

Decent performance and result, we need to build upon this result with a victory against Southampton.

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Im sounding well negative on here today I know, but some of you guys need to wake up. That was a McLeish performance against a medicore team which if not for Guzan would have beat us far and square. Trying to park the bus in the last 20 minutes was a shocking tactic, Lambert actuallt took all the attacking out of the game in the second half. Is Keane the assistat or is it secretly McLeish under that beard. Comon guys we should expecting much more than this from Lambert is his 3rd season!!

1) West Ham today

3) Aston Villa today

Did you compare book values everytime we lost to a lower league team in the cup?

For me another game that shows there has been no progress from where we were 3 years ago.

People saying he can do better, but is unlucky with players who didn't make the field today. Rubbish.

He has a '£24m' striker on the bench. Bent is past his best IMO however, I am sure another manager like a Moyes, Pulis etc would get more from Bent than Lambert has with way he has treated him.

• Like 1

For me another game that shows there has been no progress from where we were 3 years ago.

Of course there hasn't been any progress. We've had hardly any money to spend, and what we have spent has gone on players who have been injured a lot of the time.

It doesn't matter how loudly you demand a silk purse or how many times you point out that you don't have a silk purse if the raw materials are limited to a sow's ear.

• Like 1

Â