Paul Lambert

limpid

I just hope Lerner follows him out the door or at the very least invests some money. Mark my words, nothing will change if we're still paying peanuts this summer.

I may be wrong but haven't you defended the level of investment the past few transfer windows?

Change the manager as often as you want, give him shit money to spend and he can't do too much. Yep mistakes made, yep last few months have been dreadful , yes not much progress on last year. But what did the useless owner we have spend? Lerner is useless and worse than Ellis in my opinion

Best manager since saunders eh richard?

Hopefully that is the last we'll see of Lambert. Worst manager I have seen down the club.

Not been a fan long then??

You disagree?

25 years I can remember. Can't quite remember McNeil but Lambert has even been worse than Venglos

Same here. He's definitely worse than Venglos, GT Mk II, DOL, and Houllier.

There's not much between him and AMcL - they're just as poor as each other.

I just hope Lerner follows him out the door or at the very least invests some money. Mark my words, nothing will change if we're still paying peanuts this summer.

I may be wrong but haven't you defended the level of investment the past few transfer windows?

Only to a certain extent. Why are you so keen on pointscoring at this moment in time anyway?

Only to a certain extent. Why are you so keen on pointscoring at this moment in time anyway?

It's not point scoring. I just find it hard to understand how you can defend lerner and the investment in the squad but then use those same constraints to say nothing will change with a different manager.

A point a game over a season is unacceptable and embarrassing to be honest. Given the fact that we had 34 points after 30 games, that makes it even worse. Yes he's had his hands tied financially, but so many things went horrifically wrong this year and he's got to take the bulk of the blame there. There was no cohesive style or footballing identity to the team this year. We were playing with no belief and no system for most of the season. His target was to keep us up, but that doesn't need to mean get safe after 36 games. We should've been safe 2 months ago, and we managed to fall apart.

Not good enough, it might be job done on paper, but I don't believe that he's assembled a team capable of no more than 38-42 points. They're not world beaters by any stretch, but they've shown more than a few times over the last 2 years that they're capable of more than this if the system and management is right. Time for a change, out you go Paul.

• Like 1

Hopefully that is the last we'll see of Lambert. Worst manager I have seen down the club.

You disagree?

25 years I can remember. Can't quite remember McNeil but Lambert has even been worse than Venglos

I do - been a villa fan more than twice as long - so have seen worse (managers and players). Lambert is one in a line we have had with two chairmen who cut costs - one did at least put his on money into the club and one who just took money out.

What you after a medal for being older?! Xela used the term "worst manager he can remember".

Contrary to what many expect I fear it'll be Lerner sacking Lambert and not new owners.

Did he not say "my position at the club"? It can't be just him sacking Lambert and that's it.

• Like 1

Pretty much confirmed he is off. Talking past sense. 'They will be in the prem league next season and loved every minute of it.' Goodbye Paul. Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for the memories? That will be like the US Army thanking the Vietcong for the memories.

Contrary to what many expect I fear it'll be Lerner sacking Lambert and not new owners.

Did he not say "my position at the club"? It can't be just him sacking Lambert and that's it.

I really wouldn't rule that out.

It will cost very little to sack Lambert bring in Laudrup* - an old boy on the coaching staff  - "A New Chapter"

*For Example.

You disagree?

I do - been a villa fan more than twice as long - so have seen worse (managers and players). Lambert is one in a line we have had with two chairmen who cut costs - one did at least put his on money into the club and one who just took money out.

What you after a medal for being older?! Xela used the term "worst manager he can remember".

What a stupid comment!!! All I said was had he been a fan for long! and I pointed out that in MY Time I had seen worse so what's your problem?? 

Â