Paul Lambert

limpid

A 4-0 defeat by Man City isn't necessary to slate Lambert it is just another nail in his coffin. The rubbish he has served up for 2 seasons is enough evidence to slate him.

• Like 1

Can't have any issues with today really. Most talented squad of individuals arguably every brought together who needed a win for the league. Had we started attack minded it could've been ten to be honest. The back line looked very good for most of the game

Agreed. City have demolished better teams than us this seaason but for some people it's any excuse to slate Lambert.

Wouldn't say it's an excuse to slate Lambert. We did well for an hour there is no denying that but it doesn't really make a difference in the grand scheme of things. An hour of good defending is nothing against two years of abysmal results. 

Can't have any issues with today really. Most talented squad of individuals arguably every brought together who needed a win for the league. Had we started attack minded it could've been ten to be honest. The back line looked very good for most of the game

Agreed. City have demolished better teams than us this seaason but for some people it's any excuse to slate Lambert.

We've got 38 pts from 37 games. I don't think many are using this game as an excuse to have a moan.

There are many that can't be objective

We could really finish 17th. If we do then he's gone. I know it doesn't really matter all that much 'cos we're safe, but a finishing position of 17th is not acceptable.

Is one match against spurs the difference between acceptable or unacceptable?

No,

Before today we could have finished 11th.

After next week we could finish 17th.

The difference between 11th - 17th determines what's acceptable. The table doesn't lie. If we finished 13th i'd take that. If we finish 17th then I wouldn't

No it doesn't, really....the only way we have got anywhere near 11th would have been an earthquake or plane crash.....we've been shit for so long now we're numbed to reality....

Great news then apparently ? Only 4 ? I must have missed these great tactics where our defenders coped valiantly, our midfield battled hard, our 2 forwards worked the defenders relentlessly and by some great mystery we only let in 4 ? Whale spunk is less thick than some of these people...

got the post match conference coming through in drabs on twitter

keeping Villa in the PL one of the greatest things I've done in my time

Any club that's won the European Cup, the league and massive fanbase, should never be in this position. But it is.

they gave me everything tonight . . but the club needs players. It smacks you in the face what's needed

Lambert says he is waiting for Randy Lerner to make statement. "He'll decide. It's a bit different . . but I respect him

Great news then apparently ? Only 4 ? I must have missed these great tactics where our defenders coped valiantly, our midfield battled hard, our 2 forwards worked the defenders relentlessly and by some great mystery we only let in 4 ? Whale spunk is less thick than some of these people...

It was only 2 until the final 5 minutes once Lambert had subbed off 2 defenders and replaced them with 2 attackers.

It was a good defensive performance. Against Man City. Think about that. If you expected us to whallop Man City to nil you are being very creditably optimistic but to blame Lambert for it not happening as you planned is very harsh.

Conceding 4 goals is not a good defensive performance!

It was until the 3rd and 4th goal went in, by which time we made those attacking substitutions and were playing for shits and giggles.

Both Man Utd and Arsenal have conceded more to Man City.

As the commentator pointed out, Man City's front 4 cost 6 times our entire team!

Losing by four isn't a good defensive performance, but it's not shockingly bad by any stretch.

Conceding 4 goals is not a good defensive performance!

It was until the 3rd and 4th goal went in, by which time we made those attacking substitutions and were playing for shits and giggles.

Crucially the 3rd and 4th goals did go in! We defended well for an hour but on the whole our defending was not good enough. If it was we wouldn't have conceded 4 goals for the 4th time in 8 matches.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

It was only 2 until the final 5 minutes once Lambert had subbed off 2 defenders and replaced them with 2 attackers.

It was a good defensive performance. Against Man City. Think about that. If you expected us to whallop Man City to nil you are being very creditably optimistic but to blame Lambert for it not happening as you planned is very harsh.

Be assured mate, I did not expect us to get anywhere near Man City....the only thing that surprised was how long it took them to score. But to think they caught us on the break late in the game is as deluded as it is ludicrous....I can't recall us giving them any kind of problem. The very least I expect on behalf of the people who paid good money to go and watch that shite is some kind of attacking threat or plan.....we may as well have played 8-1-1 (maybe we did but I fell asleep)....

• Like 1

Its not this game in isolation, its the whole frigging season. Lambert has proved game after game that he has none of the skills to be a premiership manager. He is a decent, honest and hard working bloke who I actually quite like from what I have seen but a top draw manager he is not. I don't really know what else we need to see to further prove this.

As for the game tonight, yes we parked the bus and defended well and tried to catch them on the break which was probably right. We were never going to win the game but why take off two defenders and put on two kids; a striker and an attacking midfielder. just so they can make us look really poor? 

I'm all for giving the likes of Grealish game time, the lad's got real potential but we shipped two goals after he game on. Not his fault I know but how has that helped his development? Bad call IMO.

We could really finish 17th. If we do then he's gone. I know it doesn't really matter all that much 'cos we're safe, but a finishing position of 17th is not acceptable.

Is one match against spurs the difference between acceptable or unacceptable?

No,

Before today we could have finished 11th.

After next week we could finish 17th.

The difference between 11th - 17th determines what's acceptable. The table doesn't lie. If we finished 13th i'd take that. If we finish 17th then I wouldn't

No it doesn't, really....the only way we have got anywhere near 11th would have been an earthquake or plane crash.....we've been shit for so long now we're numbed to reality....

We were 6 points of 11th. We had 2 games left. Football is a game where anything can happen. Remember a couple of years we had Arsenal and Liverpool as our final games? People didn't give us a chance....  We won both games. It happens.

i suppose the other 18 defeats this season are ok to question him then?

A great many of them, definitely. Not tonight though

Bewildered at the 'we defended well' comments ?....we spent 70 minutes kicking the ball as hard as we could away from our goal, 10 minutes chasing lost causes with no forward threat and the rest of the time running around a bit hoping we could get in the way of their forwards.........

• Like 4

Has changed his tune, said earlier last week he didn't know what lerner was going to say, today post match claims the statement will be a 'bit different' suggesting he knows what's going to happen.

Part ownership with someone rather than a complete sale perhaps?

Â