Paul Lambert

limpid

A poster on another site has emphaised just how bad our home form has been.

It is the worst in 140 years.

140 friggin years !!!

Now, in all that time I am sure we have had worse squads and teams,

Going back to our demise through the leagues the Div 3, it must have been bad.

BUT, it was never as bad as this.

To those who say he 'deserves' more time, with a decent transfer budget, I would ask why this should be the case?

Yes, money plays a big part of the modern game, but, there are managers out there who manage in their respective leagues. at all levels, and get their teams to perform better than us.

Money is not everything.

There are other elements like training, tactics, motivation, nous.The ability to see that other teams are doing and counteract that.

These are where Lambert is coming up short, and far too bloody short for Aston Villa.

We have more points at home this year than the last two years............

• Like 1

140 friggin years !!!

To those who say he 'deserves' more time, with a decent transfer budget, I would ask why this should be the case?

Yes, money plays a big part of the modern game, but, there are managers out there who manage in their respective leagues. at all levels, and get their teams to perform better than us.

Money is not everything.

There are other elements like training, tactics, motivation, nous.The ability to see that other teams are doing and counteract that.

These are where Lambert is coming up short, and far too bloody short for Aston Villa.

How many more points?

The same Darren Bent who's managed 3 goals in the League this season?

The same Hutton who's been called the worst right back in the history of the club several times on this site? Who wouldn't take a pay cut to complete his dream move to La Liga.

Anyway Given has come out & said Lambert treated him with nothing but respect & made the situation known to Shay.

I have no doubt they would have every intention to play as if they didn't I'd assume them and their massive overpaid contracts would be off the books.

This

140 friggin years !!!

Money is not everything.

How many more points?

The point was that it isn't the worst season at home in 140 years. Far from it

Just block him. Or at least stop quoting him so I don't have to see his posts. :P

I don't usually mind anyone's opinion or thoughts within reason and while nothing that Villa-Revolution writes is really interesting or even controversial it is done to wind up poster's, he is an internet Troll.

I just hope PL has two more games left and Villa can really get on with a real revolution.

So far not one person on this site can give me any any convincing evidence as to why Paul Lambert should be sacked. I have given ample  & logical reasons to the contrary & for that people with no better argument simply hide behind labelling me a troll.

In other words any VT member who backs Paul Lambert fairly is simply a troll.

I think most visitors to VT with even half a brain  understand their obvious transparency as well as their display of lacking the ability of considered intellect by hiding behind a puerile response.

The ante Lambert argument has been shot down in flames.

Like it or lump it.

Just block him. Or at least stop quoting him so I don't have to see his posts. :P

I don't usually mind anyone's opinion or thoughts within reason and while nothing that Villa-Revolution writes is really interesting or even controversial it is done to wind up poster's, he is an internet Troll.

I just hope PL has two more games left and Villa can really get on with a real revolution.

So far not one person on this site can give me any any convincing evidence as to why Paul Lambert should be sacked. I have given ample  & logical reasons to the contrary & for that people with no better argument simply hide behind labelling me a troll.

In other words any VT member who backs Paul Lambert fairly is simply a troll.

I think most visitors to VT with even half a brain  understand their obvious transparency as well as their display of lacking the ability of considered intellect by hiding behind a puerile response.

The ante Lambert argument has been shot down in flames.

Like it or lump it.

Come on mate, you know that kind of thing doesn't work on here!

• Like 1

Those people who are desperate to get rid of Lambert; who do you think will come in (that would want to come) and do a better job under the same conditions??

There are so many variables in any answer to that so there never could be a definitive accepted answer for those who want Lambert to stay.

Exactly there are probably thousands of people out there that could do a better job than Lambert far to many to list anyway.

Name one manager, that Villa could attract, who would do a better job? Just one name would suffice, I don't need thousands.

• Like 1

Those people who are desperate to get rid of Lambert; who do you think will come in (that would want to come) and do a better job under the same conditions??

There are so many variables in any answer to that so there never could be a definitive accepted answer for those who want Lambert to stay.

Exactly there are probably thousands of people out there that could do a better job than Lambert far to many to list anyway.

Name one manager, that Villa could attract, who would do a better job? Just one name would suffice, I don't need thousands.

First give us a list of all potential managers Villa could attract in your opinion

Exactly there are probably thousands of people out there that could do a better job than Lambert far to many to list anyway.

If you look in the future manager thread many people with knowledge of European/worldwide football have provided many names, and many reasons why they would leave their current jobs to join villa

I'm neither really here nor there with Lambert,if we are taken over wouldn't mind giving him a season with a bit more to spend.And clearly Lamberts remit has been different to McLeish.

Interesting. What do you think McLeish's "remit" was?

he didn't serve up the many lows like we've had under Lambert, like Christmas 2012 including the 8-0, like losing to Bradford over 2 legs, like giving us 10 home league defeats in a season etc etc etc.

Meaningless stats though I hear.
Yet still managed to pick up more points at home despite those 10 defeats.
Great. Still lost record number of games.
Last time I checked its points that matter.
They do. 21 pts from 19 games is an awful return.

Yes but just saying record number of home defeats doesn't really matter does it.

I don't care if we lose 10 games at hone next season and win the other 9.

140 friggin years !!!

Money is not everything.

How can it be the worst when we've picked up more points this season than the last 2 seasons?

140 friggin years !!!

Money is not everything.

How can it be the worst when we've picked up more points this season than the last 2 seasons?

Better away form? 

140 friggin years !!!

Money is not everything.

Better away form?

No we're on about home form.

Â