Paul Lambert

limpid

I wouldn't laugh at Pulis but I wouldn't want him either. All things considered Lambert's done a good job. So has Pulis. But Pulis is never going to go higher. Lambert might.

• Like 4

Amazing, laughing at Pulis. Take a look at what he's done before taking the piss.

Yep.

Also laughing at Bruce and Hughes when they've both done superior jobs to Lambert! I'm confused.

Only if you think league placing is the only metric.

My point is that I'm not a "fair weather fan". Our position in the league has absolutely nothing to do with my decision to buy a season ticket or not.

It's your assumptions I take umbrage with.

It's actually much harder for me to stay away than to blindly follow.

I find it hard to believe that you stay away due to one man and say league position doesn't matter. Its easy to say that now but if we were top you'd be there.

And if we were top Lerner wouldn't be a shit owner and there would be no reason to boycott the club to get him to leave.

But were not top and Lerner has kind of screwed us over these past few years and if we want to ever progress again, we need him to leave, whether Lambert goes with him or not, I dunno.

I don't know what to think with Lambert, he's been dire recently, but I do like him, there have been glimpses over the last two years and I think with less restrictions in the transfer market, specifically wage wise, he could do well here, but whether it's deemed too late now or not we'll see in the summer. If Lerner was to stay though, I'd definitely keep Lambert as I don't think we'd get anyone better willing to work under the current conditions.

But that wasn't the reason given, he wouldn't go whilst Lerner is still there. So if Lerner starting spending money and we improved drastically then he'd be there. So its not just because of Lerner, its because of the current situation. Not going g to support your football club is because of the owner/ manager is pretty poor in my opinion. I understand other reasons like money, time, work, distance travelled etc but I don't understand this way of thinking.

Amazing, laughing at Pulis. Take a look at what he's done before taking the piss.

Yep.

Also laughing at Bruce and Hughes when they've both done superior jobs to Lambert! I'm confused.

Isn't that what we're here for? A better league position? Sure some of them don't play the best looking football, but they win alot more than we do.

Yep.

No, not really.

I think Hull were favourites to get relegated at the start of the season, but not only has Bruce kept them up, he's made some shrewd signings and got them to an FA cup final.

Hughes has got Stoke playing some good stuff whilst also keeping The Britannia a difficult place to go. I think they have the 5th/6th best home record. I wish we had a manger who could make Villa Park a fortress whilst also keeping us entertained.

Yep.

Isn't that what we're here for? A better league position? Sure some of them don't play the best looking football, but they win alot more than we do.

Yes, but that wasn't the criteria in this quote. It says above ^^ "they've done superior jobs to Lambert". That isn't talking about league position. You can do a good or bad job outside of the ultimate result of league placing. Otherwise it's just binary thinking, which is what seems to afflicting an amazing amount of people on here recently.

Right, I can't believe all this Lambert out talk. Look at the managers around Villa, from place 9 to 20. Who would you guys have wanted instead?

9.   Pardew? hahahaha

10. Hughes? hahahaha

11. Pulis? hahahaha

12. Allardyce? hahahaha

13. Laudrup/Monk? First one was fired, the other is untried

14. Lambert! YES STAY!

15. Bruce? hahahaha

16. Clarke/Pepe Mel? First one was fired, the other is untried and struggling.

17. Di Canio/Poyet?  First one fired, the other actually inherited a really good squad...still meh..

18. Hughton/Adams? First one fired, second one is untried and struggling.

19. Jol/Meulensteen/Magath? First and last one is one/two season wonders. Meulensteen was also fired.

20. Mackay/Soskaer? First one fired, the second one struggling and relegated.

So, I can't see why someone else would do a better job. I can see the progress the team has made defensively, but the regress that has happened offensively is alarming. I also can see that we have a midfield problem, that has made the team a bit unbalanced, but most of all, the long term injuries has caused most damage and led to burn out and the tiredness we saw in the end. I remember West Ham suffering from injuries in the middle of the season. Lambert has done enough to be given a new season to address the weaknesses and show all of us what he is capable of. UTV!

I know what you're saying - but think we are to far down the line now. I don't see anyone feasibly better - but equally the poor results have damaged Lambert - and I think its everyone interests that we start over. Don't get me wrong, I like the bloke and would love to see him turn it around - but equally how manager come from the couple of seasons Lambo has had and go on to be a success ? - sure theres the odd one - but mostly no...his time here is done.

Yep.

No, not really.

I think Hull were favourites to get relegated at the start of the season, but not only has Bruce kept them up, he's made some shrewd signings and got them to an FA cup final.

Hughes has got Stoke playing some good stuff whilst also keeping The Britannia a difficult place to go. I think they have the 5th/6th best home record. I wish we had a manger who could make Villa Park a fortress whilst also keeping us entertained.

That's fair enough. Pulis, Hughes and Bruce have done decent jobs this season. I don't think they've had to cope with the same amount of flux that Lambert has so, to me, Lambert has done a better job. Besides Pulis, perhaps. Him turning around CP like that is a fantastic job. It's just... well, it's Pulis.

Just a reply to those who posted last week to get lambert out straight away saying 'we can't do no worse'! We could have lost yesterday with a change of manager which could have made things worse!

How do we know Sid and Given did not have a huge input on players an tactics. Cause to play Bowery instead of Holt Im guessing they did!

Anyway Holt could not have played the whole game, he is ***** after 30 minutes??

Um, wasn't it you going on that excuses don't matter, that it's only results that matter?

So, apparently hypothetical help from temporary coaches is different and since they might have had a positive role the win doesn't count in his favor. Luckily the league counts 3 points even if you won't give the manager any credit for it.

I'd take Pulis, Laudrup, Clarke and Poyet from your list.

Hughes has done well at Stoke considering the direction they were going.

I also don't go with the theory that just because a few other teams have had poor managers we should just stick with our poor manager.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I am not laughing at Pulis or any other manager. I am laughing at the idea that they would be better suited at Villa. Yes, they are good managers at the right places, but so is Lambert. Lambert has still not been relegated with a team, and I like to think that Lambert, much like Ferguson and Moyes when they had bad spells, has learned a lot from this season. I see no reason to start all over again. Short term fixes like Laudrup and Villas-Boas is a no go for me.

• Like 1

Watching replays of Fulham and Cardiff and seeing Felix and Ole in despair, reminded me that people on here have mentioned both for us at some point. LOSERS! Don't you all know its a results business and only results counts? No amount of excuse can justify poor performance! Or at least that's the standard being applied to Lambert. I guess that means the only managers we should look at are SAF or Arsene, Pelllrgrini, or Rodgers? Everybody else has had lousy results at some recent point in time. Wonder how realistic those are?

• Like 1

You can do a good or bad job outside of the ultimate result of league placing. Otherwise it's just binary thinking, which is what seems to afflicting an amazing amount of people on here recently.

Yes all those idiots using actual facts and evidence instead of just claiming he's done a good job.

Not understanding at all this idea that Lambert is this potential-laden manager whilst others who have who have produced just as much and in most cases more than him are short-term fixes and/or are unable to take us higher. I've certainly seen nothing from how he's set us up to suggest to me he has a positive scalable strategy and is the best man to advance us.

• Like 1

Watching replays of Fulham and Cardiff and seeing Felix and Ole in despair, reminded me that people on here have mentioned both for us at some point. LOSERS! Don't you all know its a results business and only results counts? No amount of excuse can justify poor performance! Or at least that's the standard being applied to Lambert. I guess that means the only managers we should look at are SAF or Arsene, Pelllrgrini, or Rodgers? Everybody else has had lousy results at some recent point in time. Wonder how realistic those are?

Eh?

Â