Paul Lambert

limpid

Just a reply to those who posted last week to get lambert out straight away saying 'we can't do no worse'! We could have lost yesterday with a change of manager which could have made things worse!

• Like 3

Just a reply to those who posted last week to get lambert out straight away saying 'we can't do no worse'! We could have lost yesterday with a change of manager which could have made things worse!

How do we know Sid and Given did not have a huge input on players an tactics. Cause to play Bowery instead of Holt Im guessing they did!

Anyway Holt could not have played the whole game, he is ***** after 30 minutes??

Exactly my point from last week, how did fans know we couldn't do worse with lambert gone? How do we know Sid and given chose the team? At the moment we know nothing!

Exactly my point from last week, how did fans know we couldn't do worse with lambert gone? How do we know Sid and given chose the team? At the moment we know nothing!

We know that this season hasn't been good enough.

Who is to say that without Lambert as manager yesterday we wouldn't have won by a bigger margin?

Who is to say that without Lambert as manager yesterday we wouldn't have won by a bigger margin?

Who is to say that without Lambert yesterday, that we wouldn't be miles further up the table and not unduly concerned either way by yesterday's game.  Who knows?

Anyway, I just want him gone.  Terrible football, terrible manager.

• Like 2

Judging Lambert over the 2 years of his time here I can only come to the conclusion that he has not been good enough.

For s club the size of Aston Villa I don't think the overall performance levels have been acceptable.

Yes we won yesterday and I'm pleased with the way we played (in the first half in particular) but we're probably going to end up losing 20 league games this season and finish on less than 40 points.

Lambert out. It could have been different but his time is up.

So pleased with yesterday's result and the fact that we are pretty much safe but one result will not change my desire to see a change of manager.

Or to buy a season ticket.

Your tediously over the top support of Lambert is one thing, better-fan-than-you nonsense is a step above that even.

• Like 3

So pleased with yesterday's result and the fact that we are pretty much safe but one result will not change my desire to see a change of manager.

You need to chill out now. We know we could be relegated to League 1 and it still would not affect your undying support of Lambert and I guess I will respect that!

The way we played yesterday would have given any team in the Premiership a hard time. So VillaR, if you claim Lambert to be this tactical genius, where has that football been all season. There was hardly any hoof (apart from Guzan) and I even saw players running off the ball. I tend to think Sid and Given had a huge input in yesterdays game and this is how the players would rather play!!

Anyhow we all know Lamberts gone at the end of the season, even if its not results related it will be because of the cover up of Culverhouse and Karsa!

There IS one thing we know.

I shouldent take 37 weeks of a 38 week season to be safe ?!

I won't be buying a season ticket until Lerner has gone. Same as with Ellis, I'm voting with my feet.

No doubt that makes me "less than" in your eyes, but frankly, I couldn't care less. I love my club, I just can't see her right now. I'm doing what I think is right by her and it's not up to you to judge how I show my affection.

My decision has nothing to do with Lambert. I've sat through much worse than him.

• Like 3

I won't be buying a season ticket until Lerner has gone. Same as with Ellis, I'm voting with my feet.

No doubt that makes me "less than" in your eyes, but frankly, I couldn't care less. I love my club, I just can't see her right now. I'm doing what I think is right by her and it's not up to you to judge how I show my affection.

My decision has nothing to do with Lambert. I've sat through much worse than him.

Right. To start off with don't -do-doug I believe yours is a terrific post. It is not a question of anybody being a better fan than anybody else. I accept totally that people quite rightly make their own decisions & judgments as to whether they wish to purchase anything as long as they are able to afford it.

What I am saying though, & this is my point, (which I am also allowed ) there are supporters who will follow the Villa unconditionally. These types of supporters are normally labelled Hard core. Then their are supporters who only become interested in attending when the product they are purchasing is giving them the satisfaction they demand. If Villa are under performing & playing poorly they hold the club to ransom & with hold their physical support. These are normally labelled `Fair Weather Fans."

So. To confirm. There are hardcore Villa fans, there are fair weather Villa fans, there are Lambert lovers, there are Lambert haters, there are Lerner & Lambert lovers, there are Lerner & Lambert haters, their are Lambert lovers but Lerner haters & vice versa but ultimately every single category is an Aston Villa fan in their own right.

I am not claiming anybody is a better fan than anyone else because they are not.

I am merely pointing out and expressing an observation.

Please people before you rush to judgement please don't deny that you have never heard of fair weather fans because every single club has them.

This doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

Hope that puts this particular element of the Paul Lambert debate to bed.

• Like 1

My point is that I'm not a "fair weather fan". Our position in the league has absolutely nothing to do with my decision to buy a season ticket or not.

It's your assumptions I take umbrage with.

It's actually much harder for me to stay away than to blindly follow.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

My point is that I'm not a "fair weather fan". Our position in the league has absolutely nothing to do with my decision to buy a season ticket or not.

It's your assumptions I take umbrage with.

It's actually much harder for me to stay away than to blindly follow.

No. It's all purely semantics. You have decided to vote with your feet because you are not happy with Lerner. You believe the Club will fair better with him gone. I fully understand that & you make that perfectly clear. I am not questioning your integrity as a Villa fan.

However, your terms of support (neither rightly or wrongly) are not unconditional. To underline once more this is not a criticism but merely an observation. As you state, staying away for you is actually much harder so the reality here as I see it is that by staying away you are doing your self more harm than good which is entirely your prerogative.

Â