Paul Lambert

limpid

The bloke really is desperate

Squawking all the time to the local press he never used to release this many press statements

Damed if he does, damed if he doesnt eh?

Damned if he doesn't what? Were talking about an article where he's basically complaining about pressure and we don't know how hard he works etc etc, like hes pleading with the thousands now singing we want lambert out every week.

For me theres a clear change in lambert's attitude in pressers, why is debatable but its definitely there imo.

Imagine if it was a case of 35,000 plus demanding we want Cliffy Biro out.

Do you see where I am coming from with this?

I have nothing against you personally but surely you can see that this must hurt.

Lambo's okay & he's a fine man. He has tried his best in really difficult circumstances & he really deserves credit, as do those posters on VT who recognise this fact.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 2

Good God, that's naive!

You are looking at made-up positives instead of looking at the ice-cold facts. Lambert tried to build a better team and squad, he is not trying to buy covers and semi-professionals that might or might not cut it in the Premier League. Most of these players have been failures and they are in fact not good enough to play in the Premier League. One thing is one or two players not hacking it, which happens at every club, but most of the players haven't been good enough to get into any squad in the Premier League IMO. On top of that, a few of the ones that are playing in our team should barely make the bench in my opinion. KEA, Westwood, Kozak, Lowton and Bacuna are all players that I want to replace with better players, which means there is space for them on the bench. Not that I don't like Westwood, I think he is a tidy player and he has some potential, but there are numerous players out there with much higher ability and that goes for almost all of his signings.

We got Benteke, which was great, but that's about it. Even Sam Allardyce manages to pick a gem in the market once in a while.

Completely agree but I'd go further with Benteke. Lambert obviously likes a certain type of striker but with Benteke he got the complete package by accident who turned out (providing he can recover fully) to be the new Drogba.

With back or front to goal, in the air or on the floor, strength and skill, he is the complete forward. He surprised the shit out of us and Lambert I suspect.

We have to give Lambert credit for this, accident or not.

It may be that some of the other signings  aren't as bad as they seem at the moment it's just that Benteke is SO good that he can play in any system, no matter how progressive or regressive the tactics.

I think that is spot on, and it's also to his credit that he generally plays a system that gets the best out of  Benteke (you could summarise it as "get the ball to Benteke and let him do his stuff").

The big problem is that he seems to have no plan B for when Benteke is injured or in poor form. That's been a massive problem for us this season.

I think Kozak was plan B and he got injured some will say not good enough the same was said of Benteke early on so too early to judge IMO.

No, Kozak can't be "plan B". The point I am making is that Benteke is so good that it is OK just to put him on the pitch, make sure he gets a regular supply of the ball, and he does the rest. There isn't much need for tactics etc. Kozak may be good (too early to judge) but it's clear he doesn't have that sort of quality, so Lambert actually needs to manage and devise a system for winning games when Tekkers isn't fit or on form.

Why can't he be plan B he isn't the same type of player. Maybe plan B was to play him as a target man with wingers? You don't know as he had hardly got going before he got injured. I also think Benteke could play off him as he has done for Belgium. We have also played loads of different systems so there's more than just one way unfortunately we are crap at most of them but that's a different argument!

No, Kozak can't be "plan B". The point I am making is that Benteke is so good that it is OK just to put him on the pitch, make sure he gets a regular supply of the ball, and he does the rest. There isn't much need for tactics etc. Kozak may be good (too early to judge) but it's clear he doesn't have that sort of quality, so Lambert actually needs to manage and devise a system for winning games when Tekkers isn't fit or on form.

Why can't he be plan B he isn't the same type of player. Maybe plan B was to play him as a target man with wingers? You don't know as he had hardly got going before he got injured. I also think Benteke could play off him as he has done for Belgium. We have also played loads of different systems so there's more than just one way unfortunately we are crap at most of them but that's a different argument!

Not sure I can explain my point any more clearly. I think your last sentence is actually making the same point as as me (see bolded bit), so I suspect you agree with me but just don't know it.  :)

Not sure I can explain my point any more clearly. I think your last sentence is actually making the same point as as me (see bolded bit), so I suspect you agree with me but just don't know it.  :)

I suspect every one agrees with me but they just don't know it yet. Lambert in. :)

• Like 1

VillaRevolution. Surely Lambert would be concerned if fans are not renewing their tickets? If he wants the best for the club he would want as many supporters as possible, he wouldn't want people to stop attending.

I'm pretty sure Lambert would be concerned about losing fans but he owes fans who have turned their backs on him absolutely nothing & certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over them, nor should he. As stated. They haven't bought into him he hasn't bought into them. That makes them both equal as I see it.

If the fans can slag Paul Lambert then the fans themselves can also be slagged.

Equal rights for all surely!

Your posts are really illogical and I'm sure you are posting at times for effect.

Paul Lambert is an employee of Aston Villa football club. His job is to get the best results for the club and by doing so appeasing the fans. The fans may not have bought into him, but they have bought into his employers Aston Villa, the club that they support and have poured their heart and souls into. Therefore Paul lambert should care that he is losing those fans.

I have no problems with anyone still wanting Paul Lambert as manager, that is their prerogative and I am happy to have a reasonable conversation about why they think he is still the right man. But I find it ridiculous that you try and blame the fans for all the down falls, yet you actually can't put forward a reasonable defence of Lambert apart from that he is being hounded out.

VillaRevolution. Surely Lambert would be concerned if fans are not renewing their tickets? If he wants the best for the club he would want as many supporters as possible, he wouldn't want people to stop attending.

I'm pretty sure Lambert would be concerned about losing fans but he owes fans who have turned their backs on him absolutely nothing & certainly wouldn't lose any sleep over them, nor should he. As stated. They haven't bought into him he hasn't bought into them. That makes them both equal as I see it.

Your posts are really illogical and I'm sure you are posting at times for effect.

Paul Lambert is an employee of Aston Villa football club. His job is to get the best results for the club and by doing so appeasing the fans. The fans may not have bought into him, but they have bought into his employers Aston Villa, the club that they support and have poured their heart and souls into. Therefore Paul lambert should care that he is losing those fans.

I have no problems with anyone still wanting Paul Lambert as manager, that is their prerogative and I am happy to have a reasonable conversation about why they think he is still the right man. But I find it ridiculous that you try and blame the fans for all the down falls, yet you actually can't put forward a reasonable defence of Lambert apart from that he is being hounded out.

No. I have no problem with the fans other than the fact that they & not Paul Lambert have lost the plot in recent weeks.

Squawking all the time to the local press he never used to release this many press statements

Damned if he doesn't what? Were talking about an article where he's basically complaining about pressure and we don't know how hard he works etc etc, like hes pleading with the thousands now singing we want lambert out every week.

For me theres a clear change in lambert's attitude in pressers, why is debatable but its definitely there imo.

I have nothing against you personally but surely you can see that this must hurt.

Lambo's okay & he's a fine man. He has tried his best in really difficult circumstances & he really deserves credit, as do those posters on VT who recognise this fact.

I wouldn't go that far. He's done what is required of him if we stay up. We will know a lot more in 15 hours

I thought it had been posted and confirmed elsewhere that the wage bill has actually gone up?

Can someone confirm this once and for all.

Look at the new accounts thread started today on the front page. Only a small rise from £70m to £72m but not really the great cutbacks that have 'hampered' Lambert's progress? They are from 2013 and we have got rid of Dunne, Bent and Ireland since but given raises to Benteke, Weimann, Westwood, Lowton and signed a few others in the summer. I would be surprised if there is much difference in the 2014 accounts with regard to wages.

Bit of a myth this reduction in wages me thinks?

That's the point though.

In Lambert's 2 years in charge, the wage bill has increased by £2m, or £40k p/w. During that time 9 first team players have left and 17 have joined, leaving us with 8 more players (if you include Bertrand and Holt, it's 10 more) in our squad, for only £40k p/w added on to our wage bill. In other words, we've only been able to offer a whopping £5k p/w for any additions to the squad/budget, which doesn't get you much in the Premier League. How many clubs in this league buy 8 players, on top of their current squad, and only have their wage bill increase by £40k p/w? I don't think any do. That's where the budget constraints come from. Plus don't forget we still technically have Bent on our books, as is Given and I wouldn't be surprised if we were still paying Ireland something too until the end of June.

In this modern era of football, by having our wages effectively stand still, or at least have such a small increase, the wage bill has been reduced as we can't offer competitive wages to add to our squad.

We only have the finances for Lamberts first season, not his second

No. I have no problem with the fans other than the fact that they & not Paul Lambert have lost the plot in recent weeks.

So you've lost the plot then? Or are you not a fan of the club?

You really think he approached the local press? This article would have come from his prem match press conference, blame the local press for asking such a question when we have such an important game.

• Like 1

I hope he stays. I'm old enough to remember Fergies early years at Manure. Given time and cash to bring in the quality players we all crave will allow Lambert to put us back amongst the premier big boys.

• Like 1

I think £20m or so net per season is more than enough to not be in a 2nd straight relegation fight going into week 37 of a season. I wouldn't trust him with more money to be honest.

I think £20m or so net per season is more than enough to not be in a 2nd straight relegation fight going into week 37 of a season. I wouldn't trust him with more money to be honest.

Really? £20 mil is the minimum required to just stand still in this league.

Really? £20 mil is the minimum required to just stand still in this league.

I think this is absolutely right.

The point is though that Lambert's spent £20m two seasons running and we're going backwards not standing still.

I wouldn't go that far. He's done what is required of him if we stay up. We will know a lot more in 15 hours

Is this actually true? I can believe it was true last year, but I think everybody was expecting more out of this season than staying up by the skin of our teeth (if we actually even achieve that). 

Which one are you ?

1: Lambert hater

2: Lambert Lover

3: Not Everything is in Black & White

4. Like Lambert and supported him at the start but realise now he is not up to the job so think it's best for all concerned that he goes

A slight amendment.

No AshVilla was complaining about him not talking to the press and now says hes saying to much to the press. You might have been talking about one article but he wasnt. The Lambert haters complained when he didnt talk to the press and now their complaining when he does.

Â