Paul Lambert

limpid

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will  offer up just one single reason to justify my view.

Without labouring the point had Benteke not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season I honestly believe we would easily be in a much better position now.

Why fans can't see this & why fans are blaming Lambert is beyond me.

How can anyone disagree with this observation?

A fully fit Benteke, firing on all cylinders would surely have underlined our progress under Lambert.

It probably won't be long now either before those exact same fans singing the praises of the beast will soon want him out of the exit door too.

As I state, this is just one reason why I think many of the fans have lost it big time.

Edited by villa-revolution
  • Like 1

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will  offer up just one single reason to justify my view.

Without labouring the point had Benteke not got injured at Carrow Road earlier in the season I honestly believe we would easily be in a much better position now.

Um, maybe because a manager should create a team that isn't just dependent on one individual performing well?

• Like 1

Why cant fans see your hypothetical situation and your assumption that everything would be rosy if it hadn't happened? Maybe because Benteke was fit all last season and firing but we still only just  scraped survival, why would it have been any different this season when he's been off form for the majority?

Our season is absolutely indefensible but if someone is going to try and defend it they'll have to do better than that. 

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will offer up just one single reason to justify my view.

How can anyone disagree with this observation.

A fully fit Benteke, firing on all cylinders would surely have underlined our progress under Lambert.

It probably won't be long now either before those exact same fans singing the praises of the beast will soon want him out of the exit door too.

As I state, this is just one reason why I think many of the fans have lost it big time.

Thats right how dare the fans expect a manager to come in and get the team playing decent football and maybe win more games than we lose! Shit owner, blame the fans! Shit manager, blame the fans! Shit players, blame the fans! Shit football.....you guessed it, blame the fans!!

Fans lost it big time eh??!!! Are you for real? I think your reaching for any reason to justify your own comments now! The bottom line is lambert and his management style, methods are not working. Believe it or not its about results not excuses and the results arent good enough, with or without benteke!!

• Like 2

I still maintain it's an over reaction. I'm not making excuses for Lambert but instead will offer up just one single reason to justify my view.

Um, maybe because a manager should create a team that isn't just dependent on one individual performing well?

Give him cash earlier then

‘Forget indifferences, I’m absolutely convinced if the crowd get behind the team they’ll get the points needed,’ he urged. ‘If anyone’s thinking of going and booing I’d ask them just to stay at home. The Villa lads will be under pressure, they know it’s an important game.’ 

Tony Morley has spoken.  :) 

• Like 2

Lambert's comments are those of a man who knows he's a goner, and therefore doesn't give a toss.  I just hope the mumbling idiot doesn't take us down with him.

The only positive i could see from losing the weekend would be that we could finally see the back of him

He would probably have to walk though as our chairman doesn't have the backbone to sack him

Edited by AshVilla

I don't see a future for him at Villa past the summer, I think if we were safe he would have left with his assistants and is just staying until end of season.

not all his fault but he takes the blame for as everytime we had a good spell he brought us back to crap negative football. no coincidence our best games this season was 1st 3 games and West Brom and Liverpool in same week when we attacked teams

You have pretty much admitted that we are a one man team and after 2 seasons in charge Lambert has no Plan B if Plan A goes tits up!

You have pretty much admitted that we are a one man team and after 2 seasons in charge Lambert has no Plan B if Plan A goes tits up!

Looks like the same old excuses to me

Pac - but that is just simply your fault for having such high expectations that your club SHOULD have a plan B.

To be fair, our Plan B is injured as well, our Plan C is not good enough and share's part of his name with a 'model' who has big tits and our Plan D just doesn't even get on the bench for some reason. All your fault.

Plan E was brought in on a short term loan deal. He's probably done just as well as we all expected so we can't be held accountable for that as fans.

Happy Friday y'all... <insert jocular smileycon wherever you like - twas all in jest>

Pac - but that is just simply your fault for having such high expectations that your club SHOULD have a plan B.

To be fair, our Plan B is injured as well, our Plan C is not good enough and share's part of his name with a 'model' who has big tits and our Plan D just doesn't even get on the bench for some reason. All your fault.

Plan E was brought in on a short term loan deal. He's probably done just as well as we all expected so we can't be held accountable for that as fans.

Happy Friday y'all... <insert jocular smileycon wherever you like - twas all in jest>

I would like to know what Plan A is?

I dont get Paul Lamberts comments.

All of a sudden we need to spend spend spend ?

I thought the whole point of him as our Manager was that he genuinely believed in his 'young and hungry' philosophy ?

I said a few days ago that I thought his time had come and this, which either represents very muddled thinking or a total change of thinking (neither would bode well) confirms it.

For those talking of 'too high expectations' and 'who could do better', and 'injuries'.

1. My expectations were not at all high. I just wanted to see progress - however slight...but our points tally since December is below relegation form. That is more than a blip.

2. As for who could do better - I would now - regretfully - suggest any Manager could at least equal the slide in form from what was already a very very low base. This is not knee jerk, I have posted positively about the Manager after record losses, cup exits, and the rest.

3. The injuries /signings argument doesn't wash. From when he started until now we have had all sorts of injuries, losses of form etc, but from when he started until December we were still always on a - albeit slight - upward trend. Same players etc........since December we have fallen off a cliff - there is clearly something deeply amiss.

I would like to know what Plan A is?

I have no idea but whatever it is it is not working.

Like I said Benteke's injury is just one reason.

Now I'll give you reason number two. Lambert realised we had major problems in Central Defence & recruited Okore, who as you well know suffered a season long injury.

So, your point about being dependent on just one individual is inadmissible.

Fans not giving Lambert time or the benefit of the doubt is just sheer madness & ignorant IMO.

So that's Lambert masterplan rely on Benteke? No plan B?

Â