Paul Lambert

limpid

I be he cant wait to sign Hoolahan with that first Texas cheque! Maybe sign Holt on a perminent too!!

Don't be ridiculous, we've already been told to not expect him to be here by those that know better.

Sarcastic comment about people who have pretty much been right about most things. Good one.

I look forward to a long and successful period with the new ownership and lambo in charge.

I think with the correct investment and lambos canny European scounting network purchases. I think we'll be looking to maybe sneak an europa league spot next year.

Paul Lamberts claret and blue army! :-)

However... there is a caveat to this attitude.

If he fails to do a good job by Jan 15, then I'd say he's been given a fair crack of the whip and that unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out like all of the fans (and probably) the new owners would have liked.

Vis a vie. My best interests are with maximising the potential of aston villa. If lambo isn't that man, then best of luck to him in the future.

I'd take that, as long as we didn't look to be in getting into serious trouble before then, would prefer a clean start with the new owners but he has bought well and agree it would be interesting to see who he could pick up with more funds, especially if it's true we were looking at at Holtby etc but couldn't afford.

Although I can't see us anywhere near a europa league spot but here's hoping.

I agree :-)

I just think he's shown with 5m+ purchases, that he can identify a pretty good player.

If we're bottom in october and nothing has changed, then as I said, thanks for the effort, but its not been good enough.

Whether or not he can identify a good player or not for £5m isn't really the question fan's should be asking though surely? Isn't it more important that the manager of any team gets them playing good football with every player knowing their job and requirements?!

I don't see how Lambert can survive under new owners regardless of financial restraints. The football has in the main been diabolical, add to that the majority of signings have been poor and not worthy of wearing the shirt. With the exception of benteke most fans are still look at the likes of gabby, delph, albrighton and wiemann winning our games for us in an attacking sense, not one of them a Lambert player.

Nothing Lambert has done gives me confidence that even with more money he would have us playing good football or that he could even be trusted to bring in the right backroom staff to assist him progress us further on and of the pitch. It's also hard to feel sorry for someone who knew what they were getting into when they took the job and with a salary the majority can only dream of.

We need a clearing of the decks both at boardroom and playing level, and maybe then we may actually in the not too distant future get back to where the biggest club in the second city belongs- at minimum challenging for europe.

But as I said, I'd give him a chance (only until Christmas) with some money.

I think he'd suprise a few people. If we buy a couple of higher calibre players, then naturally, the football will be better.

I just think, give him a chance. Give him one summer. If it doesn't work out, then we can look at changing things around.

With his hard job very nearly finished, I think the least us fans can give him is a chance to see what he can do with a bigger budget (potentially) :-)

If he had 2 years left on his contract you could give him 1 more year (or until Xmas / New year) to prove himself but with only 1 year you have to back him (new contract) or fire him and start again.

If we are taken over by new owners then Lambert should be interviewed for his own job along with any other options available,and if the new ownership think hes the best man for the job ill back him to the end,fair enough?

• Like 1

I be he cant wait to sign Hoolahan with that first Texas cheque! Maybe sign Holt on a perminent too!!

Don't be ridiculous, we've already been told to not expect him to be here by those that know better.
Sarcastic comment about people who have pretty much been right about most things. Good one.

Haha not really as what you claim to be right about is in your opinion which many disagree with.

He'd be worth sticking with at a push if his football hadn't been so consistently dire.  Wasting more time and money on that clown would be a huge error.  If he was allowed more funds, it would just be more expensive players playing a rubbish standard of football, with no plan or motivation.  Get rid, he's been abysmal.  What would be the point in sticking with somebody who has proven to be so poor?  If you give him the summer, and he still underperforms, you're then stuck with his players and trying to get a new manager and players in January. It's simply a terrible idea. 

• Like 4

Hopefully with new owners and a new manager, we don't have to hear that name ever again.

119-avfc-holte-end.jpg

• Like 1

Haha not really as what you claim to be right about is in your opinion which many disagree with.

You conveniently ignore the facts then.

I'm sorry I must have been busy the day you predicted the facts, any chance of next weeks lottery number?

He'd be worth sticking with at a push if his football hadn't been so consistently dire.  Wasting more time and money on that clown would be a huge error.  If he was allowed more funds, it would just be more expensive players playing a rubbish standard of football, with no plan or motivation.  Get rid, he's been abysmal.  What would be the point in sticking with somebody who has proven to be so poor?  If you give him the summer, and he still underperforms, you're then stuck with his players and trying to get a new manager and players in January. It's simply a terrible idea. 

He's gone and i think he even knows it. Really a stunning fall from where he was a few months ago, we were doing on course to survive comfortably with talk of a new deal ,majority of fans support, owners backing and now he has none of that and i think he'd be lucky for another premierleague club to take a punt on him.

If we are taken over by new owners then Lambert should be interviewed for his own job along with any other options available,and if the new ownership think hes the best man for the job ill back him to the end,fair enough?

That sounds fair although I'm convinced some managers must be brilliant at interviews. For instance how does AVB keep landing top jobs???

If we are taken over by new owners then Lambert should be interviewed for his own job along with any other options available,and if the new ownership think hes the best man for the job ill back him to the end,fair enough?

That sounds fair although I'm convinced some managers must be brilliant at interviews. For instance how does AVB keep landing top jobs???

I dont think a lot of managers have to do that much convincing in interviews tbh although obviously i dont know that for sure. 

I look forward to a long and successful period with the new ownership and lambo in charge.

I think with the correct investment and lambos canny European scounting network purchases. I think we'll be looking to maybe sneak an europa league spot next year.

If he fails to do a good job by Jan 15, then I'd say he's been given a fair crack of the whip and that unfortunately, it just hasn't worked out like all of the fans (and probably) the new owners would have liked.

Vis a vie. My best interests are with maximising the potential of aston villa. If lambo isn't that man, then best of luck to him in the future.

I'd take that, as long as we didn't look to be in getting into serious trouble before then, would prefer a clean start with the new owners but he has bought well and agree it would be interesting to see who he could pick up with more funds, especially if it's true we were looking at at Holtby etc but couldn't afford.

I just think he's shown with 5m+ purchases, that he can identify a pretty good player.

If we're bottom in october and nothing has changed, then as I said, thanks for the effort, but its not been good enough.

Whether or not he can identify a good player or not for £5m isn't really the question fan's should be asking though surely? Isn't it more important that the manager of any team gets them playing good football with every player knowing their job and requirements?!

I don't see how Lambert can survive under new owners regardless of financial restraints. The football has in the main been diabolical, add to that the majority of signings have been poor and not worthy of wearing the shirt. With the exception of benteke most fans are still look at the likes of gabby, delph, albrighton and wiemann winning our games for us in an attacking sense, not one of them a Lambert player.

Nothing Lambert has done gives me confidence that even with more money he would have us playing good football or that he could even be trusted to bring in the right backroom staff to assist him progress us further on and of the pitch. It's also hard to feel sorry for someone who knew what they were getting into when they took the job and with a salary the majority can only dream of.

We need a clearing of the decks both at boardroom and playing level, and maybe then we may actually in the not too distant future get back to where the biggest club in the second city belongs- at minimum challenging for europe.

I think he'd suprise a few people. If we buy a couple of higher calibre players, then naturally, the football will be better.

I just think, give him a chance. Give him one summer. If it doesn't work out, then we can look at changing things around.

With his hard job very nearly finished, I think the least us fans can give him is a chance to see what he can do with a bigger budget (potentially) :-)

Although I love your faith. The obvious fact still remains in that the football has been consistantly crap. Buying better players doesn't guarantee success, especially if the formation and tactics don't suit. And as other posters have mentioned allowing him more money to then fail and have a whole set of new players to shift under new management makes no sense.

If the football we played was entertaining and we looked organised, I like many could put up with skirting with relegation whilst waiting for the team to gradually grow. It's not been happening though, and the odd result against cheslea, arsenal or whoever doesn't prove otherwise. It's beating those around you that matters in the prem. For what it's worth I think Lambert could make a good manager in a few years, unfortunately at the moment it isn't working and I think the villa job has come too early for him. And it's too bigger job for a Lerner. ;)

• Like 1

I'm sorry I must have been busy the day you predicted the facts, any chance of next weeks lottery number?

You must have been.

Although I love your faith. The obvious fact still remains in that the football has been consistantly crap. Buying better players doesn't guarantee success, especially if the formation and tactics don't suit. And as other posters have mentioned allowing him more money to then fail and have a whole set of new players to shift under new management makes no sense.

If the football we played was entertaining and we looked organised, I like many could put up with skirting with relegation whilst waiting for the team to gradually grow. It's not been happening though, and the odd result against cheslea, arsenal or whoever doesn't prove otherwise. It's beating those around you that matters in the prem. For what it's worth I think Lambert could make a good manager in a few years, unfortunately at the moment it isn't working and I think the villa job has come too early for him. And it's too bigger job for a Lerner. ;)

Firstly, thank you for a good, detailed answer :)

Secondly, Lambert has said that this team is behind where he anticipated it to be, I must say I appreciate his honesty. I also think he's a (somewhat) progressive manager.

We know he's tried to sign a creative midfielder. But we don't know what impact that player would have had.

After seeing both ex players and ex managers do well, and sometimes poorly, I think I'd like to be double sure we're making the right choice in sacking a person. Without giving Lambert that chance, we'll never know.

Imagine if we sack him, someone else picks him up and he does an extremely good job. It'll be the same old 'what if' that villa fans have become somewhat accustomed to.

Give him a chance! :-)

Imagine if we sack him, someone else picks him up and he does an extremely good job. It'll be the same old 'what if' that villa fans have become somewhat accustomed to.

If Lambert goes on to good things then fair play but I think we have more chance of success if we have complete change.

I'd hate new owners to see their first round of investment being wasted on a guy already here. I think its important the owners bring in the man they want and back him.

If Lambert goes on to good things then fair play but I think we have more chance of success if we have complete change.

I'd hate new owners to see their first round of investment being wasted on a guy already here. I think its important the owners bring in the man they want and back him.

Good response. (No sarcasm)

May I ask what your opinion would be if the new owners decided that they would give Lambert 6 months?

Historically speaking, that's what has happened in many take over cases.

Â