Paul Lambert

limpid

Why would new owners give Lambert money? And why if we have new owners with money would anyone rather Lambert get it to spend.

I think a few of your are going to be upset this summer when you're favourite manager is gone.

I actually think you're going to be dissapointed when Lambert stays. For me he's shown he can spend decent money on decent players. When he has chose to spend more money on a player, more than £3 mil, he's spent it well.

We'll see. I don't see any reason why new owners would spend a fortune buying the club when the season has finished and not bring in their own man.

Except you aren't comparing like with like are you? A manager getting promoted and a striker scoring goals are two totally unrelated things.

I was asked for a reason as to why I felt that Lambert was better than his current position at villa suggests, I provided one.

The point is achieving at lower league level is not a reflection on what they can do at the top level.

But its only an invalid comparison to you and bj. I'd say back to back to back promotions is more impressive than being a premier league manager. Even Shearer is better than Lambert by your bizarre logic.

Why would shearer be better than Lambert using this logic? He got relegated. You've claimed this logic is bizarre and then gave an example which makes no sense.

By your logic Troy Deeny is better than 99% of the strikers in the premier league. Lower league achievements mean very little in relation to the top league.

Shearer example aside, the Troy Deeney example works, except for the way you have worded it. No one has said that Lambert WILL be a success, or that he is better than other Prem managers. It's simply being said that because he has done well before, he COULD do better.

The Deeney example works if you said that a Prem side could buy him, on the realistic assumption that he could do well/ decent/ ok in the Prem (which us closer to what Eames originally posted).

Why would new owners give Lambert money? And why if we have new owners with money would anyone rather Lambert get it to spend.

I think a few of your are going to be upset this summer when you're favourite manager is gone.

I actually think you're going to be dissapointed when Lambert stays. For me he's shown he can spend decent money on decent players. When he has chose to spend more money on a player, more than £3 mil, he's spent it well.
We'll see. I don't see any reason why new owners would spend a fortune buying the club when the season has finished and not bring in their own man.

Be interesting to know how many owners have come in and replaced the manager instantly. I'd guess not many.

Be interesting to know how many owners have come in and replaced the manager instantly. I'd guess not many.

Guess it depends on when the takeover happens. Sounds like its all done so can't see them keeping with him when they have a whole summer to sort things out.

Also the rumours around the takeover all mention a new manager.

Why would new owners give a Manager that has achieved 2 relegation battles in his 2 years another year? It doesn't take a genius to realise Lambert is a bad manager.

In your opinion.

It's a fair point, it doesn't reflect well on Lambert, he has hardly distinguished himself here. 

I'd be very surprised if the new owners didn't remove him and bring someone else in. 

Given that we were in relegation battles before Lambert came here one could argue that they are just as much down to the lack of funding than the manager.

Yes but it's not like he has done a great job and distinguished himself as a top talent worth investing in. He's probably, at best, done about 'par'. 

Why would new owners give a Manager that has achieved 2 relegation battles in his 2 years another year? It doesn't take a genius to realise Lambert is a bad manager.

In your opinion.

It's a fair point, it doesn't reflect well on Lambert, he has hardly distinguished himself here. 

I'd be very surprised if the new owners didn't remove him and bring someone else in.

You'd hope so but new owners do seem to give the existing manager the first season at least quite often these days.

In your opinion.

Surely it goes without saying that everything we post is our opinion, shall we all put disclaimers as our signature?

In your opinion.

Surely it goes without saying that everything we post is our opinion, shall we all put disclaimers as our signature?

In your opinion.

• Like 2

In your opinion.

Its been done to death though hasn't it. You can't state he's a bad manager when working under the contraints he has, he's got faults but who hasn't? Its just sad that people can't recognise anything he's done for the club.

Replacing McLeish and looking doomed. Having to ship out players and rescue the wage bill yet still keep us in the league is in my opinion a very good achievement. You have to spend at least £30 mil a season just to stand still in the prem. Many other clubs fans recognise the job he's done yet our own fans would rather knock him.

• Like 1

In your opinion.

Its been done to death though hasn't it. You can't state he's a bad manager when working under the contraints he has, he's got faults but who hasn't? Its just sad that people can't recognise anything he's done for the club.

Replacing McLeish and looking doomed. Having to ship out players and rescue the wage bill yet still keep us in the league is in my opinion a very good achievement. You have to spend at least £30 mil a season just to stand still in the prem. Many other clubs fans recognise the job he's done yet our own fans would rather knock him.

Then why don't the Lambert lovers recognize the job McLeish did for us? Because they have basically achieved exact the same, exept Lambert got another year and haven't progressed.

• Like 1

In your opinion.

I've taken your advice  :)

• Like 1

In your opinion.

Then why don't the Lambert lovers recognize the job McLeish did for us? Because they have basically achieved exact the same, exept Lambert got another year and haven't progressed.

Oh no not this again. If taking us from 9th to 16th is achieving exactly the same then there's no point in me going any further.

In your opinion.

Probably should actually with some of the statements that people keep repeating as if they're facts.

It's like those people that stand in the street shouting at you to believe in Jesus.

At the end of the day Lambert has done nothing, for the most part, to suggest he's the man to take us forward; non-existent play-style, unless you count kick and hope, mind-boggling tactics or lack of and an extremely worrying lack of game awareness when things are screaming out for a change.

Coupled with a complete lack of progression from last year, made even more disappointing due to our strong finish last season, even if this can be discounted due to the injuries, which it cannot be completely, the level of regression of our performances from the end of last season is unacceptable. As it goes he is a young manager so of course there is a chance he will improve but he appears way out of his depth and I don't see how even giving him more money is going to make up for his limited ability.

All my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

Â