Paul Lambert

limpid

That's like saying a striker who's scored a lot of goals in league 1 and the championship (or any inferior league), then comes to the premiership and flops has shown he could do better. Maybe he found his level and he's just out of his depth now?

I don't really think that's a good comparison as strikers and managers are vastly different and even then Lambert performed very well with Norwich in the Premier League.

Not really, imo of course, they both have a job to do that, when broken down to the simplest form, can be easily measured (league position, goals) and performance in one league doesn't necessarily mean they can perform as well in another, higher quality, league.

I'm not trying to downplay his achievements at all and I agree with what your saying about how he did his first season in the prem, doubt many would dispute hence why he was a popular appointment at the time. Although its not unknown for a promoted side to have a first good season as they are an unknown quantity, I just disagree that his performance in lower leagues shows he can do better than he is now in the premier league.

Edited by penguin

Or just maybe a legend of our club is right. Just maybe villa fans on two different forums are right. Just maybe the away fans at Palace were right and just maybe those who have the ability to read accept that Lambert's results haven't been good enough while our chairman no longer gives a stuff about our club just as long as he gets most of his money back.

I never said they were better at all so don't put words in my mouth thanks shaggy. Just showing your logic is flawed. Oh and as for Jewell et al, while they haven't gone on to do much else do you not agree that their highest points are relatively impressive? What's saying Lambert isn't better than them and wont fade? BTW, I'm not saying he will or won't before the heavies wade in.

Let's stick to the point here where the poster's point was flawed and you backed that point using Shearer which I countered with Holloway. Then other posters then mentioned further managers which kinda disproved your defence. No-one has put words in your mouth.
Stick to it because you can't answer what I asked? I wasn't aware you dictated what we can talk about.
I see you are now stuck on repeat which still doesn't make you right.

Please refer to his record here and the point that success in inferior leagues is no barometer for success in the Premiership as many other managers have proven. I suppose you can now add Lambert to that list as well.

Edited by shaggy

I think matey you're flogging a dead horse here as your theory has already been proven to be inaccurate.

The main point is that success in the lower leagues cannot and should not be used as a barometer for success in the Premiership and along with a host of other managers Lambert has proven that.

I think not, shipmate.

Irrespective of the side he's in control of, the money available to him, the situation he came into and the league he finds himself in; do you think that Lambert's performance as a manager is as good at Villa, as it was at Norwich?

(ie: are two back-to-back promotions and a strong finish in the Premier League better or worse than 2 seasons battling relegation with a team, whilst cost-cutting/squad-rebuilding and having a few injuries to key players?)

I'm not shifting anything, I'm asking a question that is extremely relevant in the discussion we're having. If I was to answer like you have been, I'd say something like 'ah, no answer matey, so therefore you must be wrong, matey'. <br />

<br />

The point made by Eames is that Lambert is better than he has been at Villa. Asking you whether Lambert's performance as manager at Norwich was better than his at Villa is completely valid. Care to answer me?

Not really sure, given all we have now learnt about his management style (harsh summary: leave everything to Culverhouse and Karsa) that we can really be sure how much of the achievement at Norwich or his failings at Villa can actually be attributed to him anyway.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure Lambert will be sacked come summer. New owners most likely will want their "own" man as Manager.

Based on who they are, I'd be more inclined to see them attempt to give him a season

Im pretty sure Lambert will be sacked come summer. New owners most likely will want their "own" man as Manager.

Not too sure there's many occasions where owners have taken over and replaced the manager straight away.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

If we get taken over then Lambert has to go. He is unbelievably limited, if somebody wants to make a big money investment in our club and get us moving up the table then Lambert clearly is not the man to take us forward. He is bloody awful and results and performances clearly show this.

But its only an invalid comparison to you and bj. I'd say back to back to back promotions is more impressive than being a premier league manager. Even Shearer is better than Lambert by your bizarre logic.

Why would shearer be better than Lambert using this logic? He got relegated. You've claimed this logic is bizarre and then gave an example which makes no sense.

By your logic Troy Deeny is better than 99% of the strikers in the premier league. Lower league achievements mean very little in relation to the top league.

Except you aren't comparing like with like are you? A manager getting promoted and a striker scoring goals are two totally unrelated things.

I was asked for a reason as to why I felt that Lambert was better than his current position at villa suggests, I provided one.

Why would new owners give Lambert money? And why if we have new owners with money would anyone rather Lambert get it to spend.

I think a few of your are going to be upset this summer when you're favourite manager is gone.

Petty purile childish bullshit designed solely to provoke an angry reaction.

Grow up.

Why would new owners give Lambert money? And why if we have new owners with money would anyone rather Lambert get it to spend.

I think a few of your are going to be upset this summer when you're favourite manager is gone.

I actually think you're going to be dissapointed when Lambert stays. For me he's shown he can spend decent money on decent players. When he has chose to spend more money on a player, more than £3 mil, he's spent it well.

Â