Paul Lambert

limpid

Fulham have never beaten Villa at Villa Park. Another record for Lambert.

The fact Bertrand played midfield makes an absolute mockery of Lambert's squad signings. Apparently a loan player out of position is a better option than Tonev, Helenius or Sylla for midfield.

Or it could be the fact you don't know enough about Bertrand. Players have the ability to play in more than one position. Bertrand played left midfield in the champions league final. I thought he did fine yesterday.

Sylla has had a poor season so I'm quite glad he didn't get the nod, and I'm not sure why you think tonev or helenius (who is injured by the way) could have played in midfield, especially when you're slagging Lambert off for playing someone out of position, even though he can play there.

I've been through this already before - the barometer of progress should always be league position

This is absolute rubbish and quite frankly sums up your whole opinion.

Points show how we've done over 38 games. The league table shows how we've done compared to everyone else. More teams doing worse than us this season is not an indication that we've progressed. It's nothing to do with us how poor other teams are.

Absolute nonsense.

You do have to wonder what goes on on the training ground. Movement? Passing? Throw ins? The only improvement seems to be set pieces. Defending them we rarely concede now, but then we do have everyone back (this frustrates the hell out of me). Attacking ones we are at least making runs and starting to put the ball in with pace.

You do have to wonder what goes on on the training ground. Movement? Passing? Throw ins? The only improvement seems to be set pieces. Defending them we rarely concede now, but then we do have everyone back (this frustrates the hell out of me). Attacking ones we are at least making runs and starting to put the ball in with pace.

What happened to the team that finished last season? A year later and we're so much worse.

I'm as miffed as anyone at the Mo, but I thought we actually knocked the ball about quite well yesterday. Given the fact we had 8 players out we did OK.

Still.....I find it amazing after the Norwich and Chelsea results we haven't secured safety yet.

• Like 3

What happened to the team that finished last season? A year later and we're so much worse.
Agreed, I was optimistic for the season based on the end of last. I thought that we would start the season playing well and get a couple draws from the first few fixtures against the top sides, I then thought we'd go on a decent run and be sitting about 8, being the outside team that the media talked about. I then thought once tiredness set in around feb time we would drop a bit as expected with a young team. Eventually finishing in a comfortable 10-12 position but never worrying about looking over our shoulder. But we have seen so few of those good performances, we have seen players digress completely and irrelevant of the funding, that in my eyes can only be blamed on the manager and his coaching staff. Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Wasn't Lambert the Villa fans choice?

Yep hence why we are also part of what's wrong with the club. The fact is we all want to be back in the top 6. Any manager that comes in and doesn't achieve that in a week is a clueless Muppet.

Nobody wants to accept the realism of where we are, anyone that does is labeled as being dumb and having lowered expectations.

Whilst Lerner is only giving this much financial backing, there is no quick way out, no magic man to come in. It's long term.

• Like 1

Fulham have never beaten Villa at Villa Park. Another record for Lambert.

The fact Bertrand played midfield makes an absolute mockery of Lambert's squad signings. Apparently a loan player out of position is a better option than Tonev, Helenius or Sylla for midfield.

Or it could be the fact you don't know enough about Bertrand. Players have the ability to play in more than one position. Bertrand played left midfield in the champions league final. I thought he did fine yesterday.

Sylla has had a poor season so I'm quite glad he didn't get the nod, and I'm not sure why you think tonev or helenius (who is injured by the way) could have played in midfield, especially when you're slagging Lambert off for playing someone out of position, even though he can play there.

I see you missed the comment about the new record. Hardly surprising as that simply cannot be defended.

Unfortunately, you missed my point too. Bertrand is preferred at left fullback - because that is what he is. Regardless of any one-off game in the past, the fact that Bertrand in midfield is still a better option than Sylla, Tonev and/or Helenius (injured or not, he has had what? 1 game for us?) means his inclusion has made "an absolute mockery of Lambert's squad signings".

• Like 1

Based on what?

And what if he was (wasn't my preferred choice btw, but equally wasn't disappointed by the appointment).

People can change opinions based on terrible, clueless football you know. 

He has 6 more months to prove himself for me.

Yep hence why we are also part of what's wrong with the club. The fact is we all want to be back in the top 6. Any manager that comes in and doesn't achieve that in a week is a clueless Muppet.

Nobody wants to accept the realism of where we are, anyone that does is labeled as being dumb and having lowered expectations.

Whilst Lerner is only giving this much financial backing, there is no quick way out, no magic man to come in. It's long term.

I fully except the realism of our situation. I just hope that once we come out of these dark days there will be a bright future. I can see why Lerner would cut the spending back to get the club on a more stable financial footing. Hopefully he will be in a position to invest again soon.

Where are we though? We have just had bottom of the league beat us for the second time this season. Injuries don't come into the big picture for the season, we've been just as bad with Benteke, Agbonlahor and Delph. The Stoke home game and many others show that.

To think this is the best we can hope for, even with financial restraints, is ridiculous.

Â