Paul Lambert

limpid

It was a brilliant result for the club, fans and team against Chelsea and that can't be denied by anyone with any sense but by the same token it is not neanderthal thinking to suggest that the manager's record is currently much less than superb. Those who have criticised him have as must right to do that as those who now awash him with praise.

.....You were expecting "superb" with a £40m squad and a slashed wage bill???

Do you include Agbonlahor, Delph and Weimann in that 40 million and no I didn't expect the manager to be superb because I didn't say it.

Not league position again. Who gets joy from just looking at a league table? I'm absolutely gutted I missed the chelsea game and looking at us in 10th doesn't provide me with the same joy as being at that game would have.

Thats how people determine the success of a football club. Always has been.

So we lose 4-3 every week playing superb exapnsive (whatever that means) open football and we finish 20th. You'd be happy with performances and not give a shit about league position?

Where have I claimed performance is the be all and end all? Results are what matter. And like I said our points total shows how we're doing and the league shows how we're doing compared to other teams.

Not league position again. Who gets joy from just looking at a league table? I'm absolutely gutted I missed the chelsea game and looking at us in 10th doesn't provide me with the same joy as being at that game would have.

2 games ago we had 28 points from 27 games, 3 home wins and 8 home losses. I think people who expected better were fine to think that. We expected better and oh look, it can be better as the last two games have shown.

Let's not pretend that this season has been great though because of the 2 previous games and league position.

Of course league position matters!!!! I for one get real pleasure from seeing us in the top half rather than the bottom half. It's not the same pleasure I got as when Delph scored but pleasure none the less. League tables are the method by which we judge success so an improvement of more than 5 places on last season tells me that things continue to move in the right direction

Anyway, I've spotted what you are trying to do so see you in a couple of months BJ

Points show how we are doing.

League position shows how we are doing compared to everyone else.

More teams being poor this season hasn't made watching poor results and performances better. Like I said 2 games ago we had 28 points from 27 games.

Then we are doing better compared to other teams and we were two games ago as well!

Or to use your,  frankly,  glass half empty analogy,  more teams may be being poor this season but we are not one of them.

• Like 1

2 games ago we had 28 points from 27 games, 3 home wins and 8 home losses. I think people who expected better were fine to think that. We expected better and oh look, it can be better as the last two games have shown.

Let's not pretend that this season has been great though because of the 2 previous games and league position.

Of course league position matters!!!! I for one get real pleasure from seeing us in the top half rather than the bottom half. It's not the same pleasure I got as when Delph scored but pleasure none the less. League tables are the method by which we judge success so an improvement of more than 5 places on last season tells me that things continue to move in the right direction

Anyway, I've spotted what you are trying to do so see you in a couple of months BJ

More teams being poor this season hasn't made watching poor results and performances better. Like I said 2 games ago we had 28 points from 27 games.

Now we have 34 points from 29 games.

If you were enjoying the season before the previous 2 games then good for you. I wasn't. We averaged a point a game and were having a record low home form season.

No surprise you're back now because before the last 2 games you had little evidence to back up your opinion. I'll see how the season ends, hopefully it continues like the last two games.

If Lambert can get us into the top eight on a consistent basis, it does open up the possibility of competing for a Champions League spot (which is not beyond a club of this size). How well we will do is dependent on transfer funding in the coming seasons. I personally think we will be laughing at other clubs in a few years time, if we stick with Lambert and continue to build each season we can achieve a lot.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 3

Now we have 34 points from 29 games.

Who is moaning about the last 2 games?

If you were enjoying the season before the previous 2 games then good for you. I wasn't. We averaged a point a game and were having a record low home form season.

No surprise you're back now because before the last 2 games you had little evidence to back up your opinion. I'll see how the season ends, hopefully it continues like the last two games.

And if it doesn't, what?

You get to come on here and type a big fat 'I told you all so', well done you.

I would take 10th before the start of this season. But still, i would say Southampton still are miles above us in terms of quality.

Yes they are.  We are a club now trying to improve and catch up with clubs like that.  This season we havent managed it,  next we may well do.

Not sure of your point to be honest

• Like 2

The last two performances have been good and credit needs to go to lambert and the players. I think what has annoyed fans is that these performances seem to be an exception and not the norm. If we were performing like this on a more regular basis and the poor performances were more of an exception I think there would be very few complaints.

• Like 1

And if it doesn't, what?

Yes that's what I'd love to do. Fingers crossed it goes shit again.

Directed at me?  I've explained why I didnt post as much,  I know it was a long explanation but it does bear reading if you can find the time

I enjoy us winning and I hate us losing,  always have done.  So I dont enjoy when we lose.

I do enjoy us improving though.

The last two performances have been good and credit needs to go to lambert and the players. I think what has annoyed fans is that these performances seem to be an exception and not the norm. If we were performing like this on a more regular basis and the poor performances were more of an exception I think there would be very few complaints.

And we would be outperforming what could reasonably be expected from us

These inconsistent performances /  results are what a club at our current status performs like

Exactly.

Full credit for two great results but I don't think many could claim the season was enjoyable before that. A lot of people on here who are behind Lambert admitted as much and then a few just stopped posting.

And if it doesn't, what?

That's more than a bit harsh. All the guy is doing is putting forward his opinion.

We have been brilliant over the last two games but not so good before that and he's only stating the truth.

And if it doesn't, what?

That's more than a bit harsh. All the guy is doing is putting forward his opinion.

We have been brilliant over the last two games but not so good before that and he's only stating the truth.

Harsh but fair.

He's revelled in our poor form all season long using it as the stick with which to beat Lambert, Lerner and the players.

Â