Paul Lambert

limpid

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

Matic 1.5 mill first time

It's about value for money, we ain't getting it.

Anyone can cherry pick bargains from down the years to compare against one of our more expensive signings.

And vice versa, look

Vlaar... £2.5mil

Carrol... £35mil

Downing...£20mil

Afonso Alves...£11m

Incredible value for money!

I don't disagree with your point, that if we don't have money to spend we should be looking for value signings, but cherry picking 4 of the biggest bargains in the premier League and comparing it against one of our signings who has got 4 goals in 9 games and then broke his leg is a completely pointless argument.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

hardly the fairest comparisons!

to start with Kompany was 2008 and Vidic 2006. look at equivalently highly rated young CBs more recently: Sakho to Liverpool 15m, Nastasic to City for ~10-12m, Kurt Zouma to Chelsea in Jan for 12m. these are not the players in our market - even if we could afford the fees, we're not going to be most attractive club in for them. in Vlaar and Okore we've probably done very well for value in CBs anyhow.

Matic for 1.5 - Chelsea can afford scattershot approach of signing loads of young players at that price and sending them out on loan for years. we're signing players in that price bracket to go straight into the first team squad. they originally signed him in 2009 - was he ready to be a Premier League player at that point? probably not. hence they let him go and it's not til 4.5 years later they've brought him back.

look, we could certainly have made better choices in some of our signings (e.g. Bennett, Tonev, Luna), but let's be reasonable: if you shop around the 2m mark, there's probably 100 El Ahmadis and Tonevs for every Michu - Michu is notable precisely because it is so unusual to get that kind of quality from such a cheap signing. Swansea also spent ~2m on Leroy Lita. everyone makes bad signings in that price bracket.

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

I really hope that's a typo...

But yeah, as others said, that doesn't prove anything. It's just cherry-picking. Kozak isn't even the best example to use anyway. He's hardly been a flop.

Edited by Mantis

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

But yeah, as others said, that doesn't prove anything. It's just cherry-picking. Kozak isn't even the best example to use anyway. He's hardly been a flop.

Whether he's been a flop isn't the point.  The point is that we spent £7m on another striker when the money could and chould have been spent elsewhere.

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

Whether he's been a flop isn't the point. The point is that we spent £7m on another striker when the money could and chould have been spent elsewhere.

Well we could really use him now!

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

Whether he's been a flop isn't the point.  The point is that we spent £7m on another striker when the money could and chould have been spent elsewhere.

We have no way of knowing whether the money would've been better spent elsewhere or not. That's how it works. I guess he's an easy target because he's one of Lambert's most expensive signings and he hasn't come in and performed like Vlaar or Benteke (so far) but even from Lambert's signings I can think of worse buys.

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

Whether he's been a flop isn't the point. The point is that we spent £7m on another striker when the money could and chould have been spent elsewhere.

We have no way of knowing whether the money would've been better spent elsewhere or not. That's how it works. I guess he's an easy target because he's one of Lambert's most expensive signings and he hasn't come in and performed like Vlaar or Benteke (so far) but even from Lambert's signings I can think of worse buys.

Of the top of my head I'd say he's probably got a better record in what he's played compared to bentekes start for the same period.

I could be wrong though.

It says something when Kozak has scored more goals than Weimann and Agbonlahor this season. The problem isn't signing Kozak or bringing in an AM. I think there is a tendency to beat PL up with anything, I see tweets of the sort Lambert doesn't play his own youth but plays League 1 players. I think Lambert real problem this season is the performances of his front 3 and constant tinkering of formations.

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

Actually that was the point.

Your point is correct, but it wasn't the point being made by TRO.

• Like 1

Kodak....7 mill

Hernandez...7 mill

Kompany....7 mill

MIchu.....2mill

Vidic.....7mill

What a predictable and awfully cherry picked list.

For every gem, there's a flop. Look how SAF wasted £6.5m on Kleberson, £28m on Veron, £17m for Hargreaves. £7.4m for Bebe, £17m for Ashley Young, £20m for Anderson, £21m for Nani.

I'm sure we could spend all day doing it. Kozak is far from a flop especially in a brand new league and country. His goals have won us matches and that more than makes up for it. Get off his back.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

I think its easy to cherry pick examples to suit which ever argument you want to make.

Bottom line is this squad that the manager has assembled is pretty awful.

And as for Kozak, can anyone actually name 2 games that he played well in?

Edited by Big_John_10

I think its easy to cherry pick examples to suit which ever argument you want to make.

4 goals in 9 games.

9 games in a new league, in a new country, for a pretty terrible team. He's 24.

I'd say he's done pretty well all things considered.

He's started better than Benteke did.

• Like 2

Is your bottom statement not cherry picking? Without Kozak's goals against Norwich and Soton, think of where we would be. On top of that I see comments that we are ruining Benteke because of how we play, how we launch the ball, but then on the other hand you expect Kozak to be a world beater with the same service.

Edited by SikhInTrinity
  • Like 4

I'm glad the owner loves me maybe he will leave me all his dosh :rolleyes:

As for it might be too late in April what exactly are you going to do personally beforehand to change things? Nothing.

You may as well just not get yourself in a tizz and get behind what is going on knowing this is the worst it can get if we stay up.

Â