Paul Lambert

limpid

I've said on this thread previously that Lambert's time is up with the fans. He's been cut some serious slack simply because he's not McLeish. We've put up with embarrassing cup exits, absolute hammerings, and we're being told that progress is being made. We can only play one style which the whole league figured out on the opening day after we beat Arsenal.

We're not that stupid and I've had enough. Lose to Norwich and I'll be calling for his head.

From the OS:

Gaffer's verdict: Lambert - We didn't deserve to lose that

Lambert, you poor deluded fool. 

OF COURSE we deserved to lose it because our midfield and forwards were useless all day and you put a player at left back who isn't good enough for League 1 and he gifted Remy a clear scoring chance which Vlaar and Bacuna, doing their Chuckle Brothers act, left him to finish off.

I don't believe we deserved to lose it either. Am I a "poor deluded fool" as well? Both teams were very poor IMO.

As much as I detested Doug Ellis, he would not have put up with this crap.

It really baffles me when people say things like this. Bad things happening under Lerner doesn't suddenly erase all the bad Ellis did.

Anger at Lerner is perfectly justified. Historical revisionism re Ellis isn't.

No revisionism there at all. As much as I detested Doug Ellis, he would not have put up with this crap.

What exactly are you basing this on? We were relegated under him FFS not long after being Champions of Europe.

Sacking managers who clearly were not up to the task. Managers like Lambert for instance.

Not sure how the second point has any relevance to this discussion. If Lerner had any balls Lambert would have been given the silver bullet after the Crystal Palace game.

Read a couple of pages, got bored.

Have a bit of backbone he isn't going anywhere, and obviously the board think he has fulfilled his remit as he is getting a new contract.

Every time we lose we get this kind of reaction.

Yes there are over-reactions but once again we've played a side bang out of form and lost.

We've had our 'easy' run of games and it's only going to get tougher. Every game we fail to win cranks up the pressure on the next.

Lambert may not be going anywhere but Aston Villa are....down.

Sacking managers who clearly were not up to the task. Managers like Lambert for instance.

Not sure how the second point has any relevance to this discussion. If Lerner had any balls Lambert would have been given the silver bullet after the Crystal Palace game.

That's just going to extremes. Ellis was too trigger happy, not to mention he seemed to fall out with almost every manager we had. Hardly a good quality.

It is. People moan about Lerner now because of how poor we've been doing (fair enough) but we've had even worse under Ellis, yet for some reason people always rush to praise him whenever things go wrong. As I said before, things being bad now under Lerner doesn't suddenly erase all the bad Ellis did.

Next week is the biggest game of his villa management career imo against his old mates. I say this in context of fan reaction as he has had a very easy ride so far from the Holte end given some of the dismal home results we've had in his tenure.

Now lose at home to Norwich and while I don't think they'll be vitriol anything like McLeish had after Bolton, you'll start to hear some anti Lambert stuff cropping up.

That will be because we'll be stuck on 28 points after a decent run of games and will then have a terrible next 4 games so we will be really struggling.

The new contract talk is a joke, it would be wise of the club to shelve any talks they are currently having and tell Lambert to pull his finger out and actually earn one by getting us to 40 points as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I have turned from angry to ambivalent about this squad. Did not even care when Remy's shot went in. Thanks Lerner.

That's pretty much the position I'm in.

Me too. I cared more because it was newcastle who a lot of my mates support.

But replace them with any other team and I care very little. When you come to expect defeat and disappointment it really does numb your senses and response to it.

Well done those travelling fans again. Aston Villa, Lerner and Lambert don't deserve you.

wow. I'm unhappy we lost but to say you didn't care when the goal went in is absolutely disgusting.

That's just going to extremes. Ellis was too trigger happy, not to mention he seemed to fall out with almost every manager we had. Hardly a good quality.

It is. People moan about Lerner now because of how poor we've been doing (fair enough) but we've had even worse under Ellis, yet for some reason people always rush to praise him whenever things go wrong. As I said before, things being bad now under Lerner doesn't suddenly erase all the bad Ellis did.

No-one is praising Ellis, they are simply stating that Ellis would not have put up with this for so long, which he wouldn't have.

What happens after the 'Must Win' game against Norwich and we lose? People just come up with excuse after excuse.

Yes, Lerner wants to see us relegated and lose tens of millions...

But this is the problem you see. Lerner is happy to see us finish 17th every year and pick up the TV money. No ambition. No interest anymore really.

Edited by sidcowans21
  • Like 1

This relegation battle has crept up on the club by stealth . The others we were stating down the barrel. This one has been clouded over by the false league position (12th now 13th). Oxygen is running thin now though and we are potentially about to go into free fall.

League position has always been papering over the cracks for many of us. The shit football we have been producing even when picking up results was setting alarm bells ringing a long time ago. I can understand some supporters burying their heads in the sand but rather worryingly the manager has even been acting totally oblivious to the fact we have been heading towards the relegation mire for a while now. He still seems to be in fact.

We fail to get three points against Norwich and Lambert will rightly feel the wrath of the supporters and be left without any doubts that the tripe results and performances are unacceptable.

Edited by markavfc40

Â