Paul Lambert

limpid

Possession football is boring

You watch possession football everytime you watch a Villa match, only it's the other team playing that way. Surely it'd be more entertaining to watch us with the ball than chasing the other team around the pitch?

• Like 1

Not this shit again Morpheus. You are about the only one who thinks that Lambert's signings record has been poor. Or maybe the only one who can't take the whole picture into consideration. To state that this ratio of successful signings has been poor as some kind of fact is ridiculous and a bit pathetic.

I actually think it far more pathetic for someone to fabricate statements just to have a dig.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/9477-things-that-piss-you-off-that-shouldnt/?p=1225896

Swansea are about one third the size of Villa.

Sounds like he got fed up rather than anything else.

Right so when another team's manager isn't 'doing well', it's the clubs fault.

But when our manager isn't 'doing well' then it's all his fault.

Sound logic to be fair.

There was nothing at all fabricated in that post.

You took a completely unnecessary and stupid dig. Then you call other people out for doing the same. Slightly bad form is it not?

Yes it would be bad form if what you are referring to was unnecessary and a stupid dig. It was neither. You liked a post which condoned a social network game in which a young person died. Someone who has a profession which by it's very nature should lead by example should not be doing that.

• Like 2

You watch possession football everytime you watch a Villa match, only it's the other team playing that way. Surely it'd be more entertaining to watch us with the ball than chasing the other team around the pitch?

Haha, ain't that the truth. 

Edited by supernova26

Not this shit again Morpheus. You are about the only one who thinks that Lambert's signings record has been poor. Or maybe the only one who can't take the whole picture into consideration. To state that this ratio of successful signings has been poor as some kind of fact is ridiculous and a bit pathetic.

I actually think it far more pathetic for someone to fabricate statements just to have a dig.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/9477-things-that-piss-you-off-that-shouldnt/?p=1225896

Sound logic to be fair.

You took a completely unnecessary and stupid dig. Then you call other people out for doing the same. Slightly bad form is it not?

Yes it would be bad form if what you are referring to was unnecessary and a stupid dig. It was neither. You liked a post which condoned a social network game in which a young person died. Someone who has a profession which by it's very nature should lead by example should not be doing that.

Staggering that you can take any sort of moral ground regarding anything.

I just personally prefer more direct running/counter attacking football (i.e Dortmund, Madrid etc... not Villa :D ) rather than possession based.

Sound logic to be fair.

Staggering that you can take any sort of moral ground regarding anything.

Yeah well we all have our little crosses to bare Stefan don't we.

Gérard Houllier was ridiculed for attempting to play possession football with us.
  • Like 2

I just personally prefer more direct running/counter attacking football (i.e Dortmund, Madrid etc... not Villa :D ) rather than possession based.

That's perfectly reasonable, each to their own. I'm not completely sold on possession football either and think a middle ground between the two provides the best entertainment. I'd just rather boring possession style over what we have now because at least when you have the ball the opposition can't score, so increasing our possession should give us a better chance to win games and it would be easier on our defence who seem to keep getting injured from having to work their asses off most of the game.

Laudrup wouldn't be able to play the football he wants at Villa with our poor footballers, it'd be a recipe for disaster.

We need someone to build it and bring the play in slowly. I'm hoping Lambert is the man to do that, but we've got backwards in terms of performance this season.

I'd like to know why people are so supportive of Lambert though, because he has done nothing to impress me since joining, he's been a total disappointment from day one considering he was my first choice for the job.

Crap signings, crap tactics, seemingly crap team talks, do people just support the manager as they feel it's a duty as a fan?

• Like 1

I'm not convinced by all this chat about crap signings and crap tactics etc. We are 10th on a shoestring. That's not by accident and the man knows more about the game than any of us. Event if we don't see it he seems to know what he's doing and the proof is on the PL table.

• Like 3

do people just support the manager as they feel it's a duty as a fan?

I'd say lots do yes.

I'm not sure I'd say it was that simple. Some people just realise that he's going to be here for the foreseeable future and it would be better to have a little faith and show support to him because doing the opposite could be to the detriment of the team, especially on matchdays. Others are willing to cut him some slack and give him the benefit of the doubt because he has come in and kept us up one year and got us to 10th so far this year whilst working under some incredibly difficult constraints.

Â