Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Vardy does that and it's a dive. Long does it, definite penalty. 

thats not the same as what vardy does, vardy steps in to the defender initiating the contact and then falls over

its a big difference

Just now, villa4europe said:

thats not the same as what vardy does, vardy steps in to the defender initiating the contact and then falls over

its a big difference

Long slowed down, threw his leg back. I know he has an unusual running style, but I'm pretty sure throwing his leg backwards like that is not it. 

Ireland have been brilliant, didn't think they had this sort of performance in them, so much more positive.

France looking a bit clueless and surprised how poor they have been in midfield, would get Coman and Martial on at half time to pen Ireland in.

Even if France turn this round and scrape through...Rami and Kante already out of probable England game suspended. Who's next in line at CB...Mangala?

ROI have done really well exploiting big French weakness of no one being bothered to track back and cover their OAPs at full back.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's disgraceful that this is basically a home game for France, Ireland should have been given far more tickets.

the ticketing is weird

each FA will have been given an allocation to each game but then there is also a large allocation for the genral public, you could apply for tickets through the portal before the teams were drawn, i for example got B1 v B4 in st etienne which ended up being england v slovakia but i didnt know that when i bought them, france were automatically A1, france won group A, therefore its pretty easy for the french fans to anticipate that they would be playing in lyon today and for them to buy the general public tickets when it was A1 vs a 3rd place team, ireland on the other hand with them finishing 3rd in the group it would have been near impossible to guess they'd be here today

id say at a guess a fair few england fans had tickets for the wales vs NI game in paris last night in anticipation of england being group B winners

Ireland are playing very very well, the attitude and defending has been heroic at times. My only concern if i was an Irish fan would be the instructions at half time, they need to keep playing as though it was 0-0, do that and they have a fantastic chance. The french defence is crap anyway, one is now on a yellow and the crowd will start getting frustrated soon. I'm just not sure they will be able to hold out if they decide to put 10 men behind the ball and try to hold out.

France are a poor team, they seemingly have to rely on one of their more talented players to pull the rabbit out of the hat every time. Ultimately there will be a game where one of their stars can't deliver this, and today might be that day.

I still fail to see the point of Matuidi, he is a nothing player who contributes, well, nothing positive. They need someone more dynamic in his position who can do more with the ball. Giroud offers very little movement up front, unless you are going to cross the ball right on to his head he's not going to score, again, he should be subbed off for the faster and more dynamic Martial. 

Finally, France are an absolute calamity at the back, what a poor defensive line they have.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â