Gaetano D’Agostino

JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Blast from the past.  Disappointed when Fiorentina let him go, though at the time he would have been behind Montolivo for a starting place and I think he struggled with injury a bit if I remember rightly.

He was a really tidy trequartista, inventive, good touch, could take the ball under pressure and not do something stupid. He scored a few as well. 

I think it's doubtful as we have Cole who ticks a lot of those boxes and I don't think he's got the pace anymore to play wide, he'd have to be used behind a striker or two to be effective really, which is where I see us playing Cole when fit.

Some lovely names in there. As i asked yesterday is the loan window for lower league clubs still open? If so I could see some from our squad depart specifically Herd

I think it's not even open. Opens about a week after the transfer windows closes..

Free agents also cannot be signed after the end of October. Not sure about that one though.

Some lovely names in there. As i asked yesterday is the loan window for lower league clubs still open? If so I could see some from our squad depart specifically Herd

I think it's not even open. Opens about a week after the transfer windows closes..

Free agents also cannot be signed after the end of October. Not sure about that one though.

Not true about free agents. Liverpool are trying to sign Victor Valdes. On signing a free agent, Pretty sure we can't due to us registering 25, but don't know whether a space becomes free if one leaves on loan.

Thats the issue with cole,  "when fit"  he may tick a lot of boxes but being fit is a pretty big box not to tick

It's not about how many minues Cole plays it's about how many points he earns us this season by unlocking a defence, be it off the bench or from the starting 11. 

• Like 1

What date is final for squads? I assume it's next week given the internationals this weekend and the potential for long term injury in them?

It was yesterday AFAIK.

Have the lists been made official yet? I assume you can name less that 25 and add as needed later

What date is final for squads? I assume it's next week given the internationals this weekend and the potential for long term injury in them?

It was yesterday AFAIK.

Have the lists been made official yet? I assume you can name less that 25 and add as needed later

Check the link I posted on page 1 from the telegraph, seems they were confirmed yesterday and ours is full.

Wasn't Lambert talking about trying to get two players in on deadline day? Cleverley was one...

Canales?

Wasn't Lambert talking about trying to get two players in on deadline day? Cleverley was one...

I assume, had we brought in a second player, one of our (old) kids would have gone on loan: Clark, Herd, Baker etc. As it happens, we didn't, so Lambert has filled up the full 25 spaces.

lots of Free Transfers at moment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2741814/Victor-Valdes-Ronaldinho-Mario-Yepes-best-free-agents-Premier-League-sides.html

Jonas (Striker) Nilmar, Hugo Almieda or Ronaldinho would all be Ascute on a free and a lot better than this guy!

All of the players you listed  are strikers (apart from Ronaldinho). We don't need a striker.

I'm not so sure they're a lot better than D'Agostino either (apart from Ronaldinho).