1. 1. Most Improved Player?

• Mark Delaney
    • Nobby Solano
    • Gavin McCann
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Gareth Barry
    • Other (Specify)

That time of year again.

This is a poll for the Villa Talk "Most Improved Player 2004/5", won last season by Jlloyd Samuel.

Note well that this is not a poll for best player, just the player who has shown the biggest improvement over their 2003/4 season.

I would say Hendrie.

Delaney has hardly played (again)

We all knew Nobby was class. He just took a while to settle in. Joining a club mid season can do that, i guess.

McCann has probably had his best season for us, but was always a good player anyway.

Henrdrie has showed the sort of form we havent seen since the days when he first broke into the team.

Barry is still a shadow of the player he was two or three years ago.

Has there been a player who has shown significant improvement this year?

Excellent question. I voted Hendrie, don't ask me why!!! Hendrie always had potential, and has played better this season then the previous one's he's played in!.

Solano cannot be really counted as he came in mid season last season and wasn't match fit nor ready for our grill training :)

Delaney has been out too long to be choice...

McCann has been out for a while but has played his normal game.

Barry is just begining to show what he's capable of

Davis has just broken into the team this season...

Guess it is Ridgewell. He seems better to be playing with Laursen than Mellberg! Though it was just 45 mins.

I went for Lee Hendrie as the biggest difference from last season to this, but he goes up and down, so he gets a lot of chance to be the most improved unfortunately.

Whoever voted for Barry I would have to disagree with, with the odd exception (admittedly I haven't seen villa play since Norwich at home as I left the country 2 days later) he's been nowhere near as good as previous seasons, yes he was good on saturday by all accounts but do you think that's clouding your judgement? He's been average at best, remember when he played under GT, he was absolutely awesome, he's nowhere near that level again yet

Solano cannot be really counted as he came in mid season last season and wasn't match fit nor ready for our grill training :)

Surely thats EXACTLY WHY Nobby should be most improved player, he wasn't that good last season and this season he is. It mattters not that we knew he was going to come good, the fact is he has IMPROVED no end on last years performances and that's what this vote is about is it not?

Sorenson!!

No... seriously!

Ok - I'm kidding. :wink:

How's about Luke Moore? He was poor at the beginning of the season, but has come on well of late. Outside of that, are there any players that played last year that are either in good form or remained injury free?

Steve Davis.

He's given Villa a lift by coming through the ranks. He's provided competition in midfield. His touch is excellent and he's given Villa fans something interesting to talk about.

Hats off of course to Ridgewell who has done very well. However Davis is my choice.

Steve Davis.

He's given Villa a lift by coming through the ranks. He's provided competition in midfield. His touch is excellent and he's given Villa fans something interesting to talk about.

Hats off of course to Ridgewell who has done very well. However Davis is my choice.

Davo didnt play for the first team last season, so cant count for this poll I'm afraid.

Dont worry though Davo fans, he is nominated in 2 other categories, young player of the year and best newcomer. I'd be surprised if he doesnt win one or both of those.

Gareth Barry for me, just, from Nobby.

Both were disappointing last season, for whatever reason (whereas the rest of the candidates to choose from weren't).

But the biggest improvement has been in the return to form of GB. I'm not saying this because he scored 2 on Saturday, I've been saying it ever since he came back from the injury he got from Lauren at Arsenal away.

Lee Hendrie and Nobby have also had good seasons and Mark Delaney has done well too, with Lee having maintained good form rather than improved, Nobby being a different prospect away than at home and MD having spent a time injured, as has Gav.

So Gareth Barry then.

Has there been a player who has shown significant improvement this year?

Don't really think any of the 1st team regulars have improved. I'd vote for Luke, he's showed signs that he could well make it at the top level.

If the poll was "most significant decline" for our team, that'd be a much harder question, there's more candidates for that

Surely thats EXACTLY WHY Nobby should be most improved player, he wasn't that good last season and this season he is. It mattters not that we knew he was going to come good, the fact is he has IMPROVED no end on last years performances and that's what this vote is about is it not?

My point of view in a nutshell

I went for Hendrie. Solano and McCann were already great last year. Barry has improved a lot too but Hendrie has added both consistency and a certain level of leadership to his game. He still cares almost too much at times but he gets my vote.

Ridgewell is a good shout by others but I feel he hasn't played enough and still has a way to go yet.

Â