71 members have voted

1. 1. Most Improved Player?

• Mark Delaney
    • Nobby Solano
    • Gavin McCann
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Gareth Barry
    • Other (Specify)

You could argue that DOL has made some players worse in his time here. We all know how bad GT was but we had 2 stars that season in Barry and Mellberg, and they haven't really got back anywhere near that.

However, neither are playing all that badly, in fact both often play very well (under O-Leary). Perhaps given how bad the team as a whole played under Taylor II their good performances stood out that much more?

Mellberg doesnt seem to be playing on his own for us anymore, certainly, and we seem to be doing less desperate defending (where Ollie shined) under O'Leary than we did under GT and towards the end of JG. I dont think Ollie has had his best season for us this time, but it would be nice for him to actually have a settled partner!

Barry, despite showing flashes of form and ability from time to time, is a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago.

You could argue that DOL has made some players worse in his time here. We all know how bad GT was but we had 2 stars that season in Barry and Mellberg, and they haven't really got back anywhere near that.

However, neither are playing all that badly, in fact both often play very well (under O-Leary). Perhaps given how bad the team as a whole played under Taylor II their good performances stood out that much more?

I had a season ticket that year and the 02/03 GB was awesome. I have never seen such a high quality whole season from a single player. Mellberg was also a rock, but I take Rev's point on that one.

How can Solano be voted the most improved player of the year????

Strange...I´ve seen him better...and I´ve seen him better last season at Villa.

Davis on the other hand has really taken a big step forward, as Ridgewell.

Â