71 members have voted

1. 1. Most Improved Player?

• Mark Delaney
    • Nobby Solano
    • Gavin McCann
    • Lee Hendrie
    • Gareth Barry
    • Other (Specify)

Ridgewell - he broke into the 1st team last season and has looked pretty good when called upon - i'm sure in 5 years time we'll be rejoicing in our solid central defensive partnership of Ridgewell and Cahill!

Nobby was wicked for newcastle in the prem so how can he count as an improved player in the prem?

Whole premirship i would give it to Bent.

:)

This is for the Aston Villa player who has shown the most improvement for Aston Villa this season as compared ot their performances for Aston Villa last season

I voted Davis, and i dont care if he didnt play last season.

He is brilliant in our midfield, and to make that point i will cheat the poll.

Davis, i think his been a very big improvment.

Hendrie......................well we just had the same good 2 months followed by the same 4 months of shit.

how can anyone vote for Davis FFS. He didn't play last season, so how is he our most improved player. Ditto Luke. Not knocking 'em, as i think they're both class (esp Davis).

Lee played pretty well last season for DOL, IIRC.

For me, Nobby came in in January and took quite a long time to settle for someone who we knew was class. He put in some average displays, but this season knows his team mates much better, has found his feet, and looks the Newcastle Nobby we all thought we'd bought originally. So I voted for him.

Gaz Baz would've been my 2nd choice. A player who had a difficult season last year as he adapted to DOL's slightly different style of play, having been player of the season the previous season.

This season, he has shown many signs of returning to the form of GT's final season in charge.

Ridge an honorary third for me.

Nobody else really merits consideration, in that they either didn't play last season, or played so well last season they have struggled to better it this. IMO :)

Now, as someone has suggested, a vote on most declined player would be very interesting i think, with some high profile names involved i would've thought. :shock:

Is there a 'bang head against wall' emoticon?

No matter if Steve Davis gets 100% of the poll, he *CANT WIN THIS ELECTION*. he is not qualified. There is no 'last season' to base his improvement *this season* on. The same thing goes for Carlton Cole , Martin Laursen, Mathieu Berson, the Djemba twins and all the rest of the galazy of stars who have made their Villa debuts this season. I dont care if you vote for them, they *cant win*.

Sheesh.

Whoever wins the general election, please do something about the state of the education system.....

He wasn't in the team last season....................he iss this season......................so he must have improved, not bloody rocket science is it.

And there is an other selection so he can win it......................but Nobby will.

He wasn't in the team last season....................he iss this season......................so he must have improved, not bloody rocket science is it.

Is this a wind up or what? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here we go; I'll spell it out for you, nice and simple like, so even you can grasp this simple concept

The poll is to decide which player has improved the most, in their Aston Villa first team appearances, from last season to this.

Any player who didnt play for the Aston villa first team last season is ineligible.

This posting is also available in other languages, such as dimwit, at a small charge, please apply in writing if this applies to you.

Is this a wind up or what? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Here we go; I'll spell it out for you, nice and simple like, so even you can grasp this simple concept

The poll is to decide which player has improved the most, in their Aston Villa first team appearances, from last season to this.

Any player who didnt play for the Aston villa first team last season is ineligible.

This posting is also available in other languages, such as dimwit, at a small charge, please apply in writing if this applies to you.

This is a poll for the Villa Talk "Most Improved Player 2004/5", won last season by Jlloyd Samuel.

No **** mention of "first team". Unless its says that in german., dont have a go at me without reading your own poll question properly.

No **** mention of "first team". Unless its says that in german., dont have a go at me without reading your own poll question properly.

Do you want to rephrase that without the swear word?

Ahem, It has been mentioned/clarified as far back as the first page that it is for first team last season and this only.

Doesn't mean Oaks's views on SD are any less valid, but it does kind of negate the "No f' ing mention of "first team" point a tad.

I would imagine Stevie will romp the young player poll.

Ok i appologise for the swearing on the above post. I havent read every single post. But the question was who was Villa's most improved player. I belive Davis is far and away Villa's most improved player, and the option for other was there if it was specifed. Then i was spoken to like i was an idiot, and i quote "Here we go; I'll spell it out for you, nice and simple like, so even you can grasp this simple concept". Well change the poll question.

I have never got involved in any bickering on this site, nor do i wish to in the future. I keep myself to myself in the arguments. But i was "spoken" to in a condersending manner when it is not my fault, mearly a misunderstanding. I reacted with a more childish post when angry, so to PB i appologise.

You could argue that DOL has made some players worse in his time here. We all know how bad GT was but we had 2 stars that season in Barry and Mellberg, and they haven't really got back anywhere near that.

Â