SIFF World Cup

Stevo985

Based on not being able to lose a match if the other team can't score, Blue Whale.

I imagine they'd get knocked out in the group stage, on 'goals scored'.

You can go through with 3 goal-less draws.

Based on not being able to lose a match if the other team can't score, Blue Whale.

I imagine they'd get knocked out in the group stage, on 'goals scored'.

Not in a straight knock out tournament though. Can they use their blow holes?

Are Cheetahs available? I'm all about pace.

Their 'Pace without the ball' stat is far, far greater than their 'Pace with the ball' stat, considering that they can't touch the ball with their front legs.

Their 'Pace without the ball' stat is far, far greater than their 'Pace with the ball' stat, considering that they can't touch the ball with their front legs.

Does that mean Cheetahs and other animals that would be on all fours have to basically back heel the ball.

Bravo for the Dark Horse comment (my like button has disappeared :()

Does that mean Cheetahs and other animals that would be on all fours have to basically back heel the ball.

Either back heel, or kick it forward without the ball touching their front legs. A huge disadvantage to the all-four teams, imo.

Apparently it's kicking off in downtown bars. Two baboon fans reportedly hospitalised, and police making several arrests among the honeybadger supporters. 

I hope this isn't going to spoil things after that impressive opening ceremony. 

• Like 1

Two matches tomorrow:

Chimps vs Polar Bears

and

Cheetahs vs Dolphins

I'll put up polls once we've had a bit of a debate.

My opinion is that Chimps vs Polar bears is hard to call. Both big and strong, both able to stand on hind legs, both quick. Ultimately, I think that, whilst polar bears are quick, they wouldn't have much acceleration, and they'd lack agility and movement. This, coupled with the Chimps similarity to humans and their undoubtedly brilliant goalkeeper would swing it in their favour.

And a walkover for the Cheetahs. Rules don't change, so the game is played on grass. Dolphins are next to useless.

• Like 1

Bravo for the Dark Horse comment (my like button has disappeared :()

Either back heel, or kick it forward without the ball touching their front legs. A huge disadvantage to the all-four teams, imo.

They can use their head too.

Great for running onto long balls. Their problem will be how they'd deliver those long balls.

Despite the Dolphins being the favourites to leave the competition first, I'm hoping Howard (spider)Webb gives them a chance, by being strict on the Cheetahs and their cheating ways.

"HANDBALL!!!!"

• Like 1