Football Manager 2015

hogso

Richards is quite a good right back though, re-signed Vlaar myself which is probably a mistake :P

He was very good at right back, then two of my defenders got injured and I tried him in alongside Lescott (yeah, I added him!) and kept four clean sheets in a row - so in January I purchased a right back and put Bacuna up for sale. I'll use Richards as backup for my right back and the new guy as the main man.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know what it is but I can never do well with Villa, I try several times every year and just can't do it. I'm not bad at the game and i've done well in every other save, back to back promotions with Hartlepool, took Fulham from bottom of champ to prem champions in 3 seasons, won Champions League with Lazio. 

Started a new save with Villa with all our new signings in + I bought Austin, do everything the same as I would with other saves but I can barely score a goal let alone win. Just can't crack it with Villa.

• Like 1

Don't know what it is but I can never do well with Villa, I try several times every year and just can't do it. I'm not bad at the game and i've done well in every other save, back to back promotions with Hartlepool, took Fulham from bottom of champ to prem champions in 3 seasons, won Champions League with Lazio. 

Started a new save with Villa with all our new signings in + I bought Austin, do everything the same as I would with other saves but I can barely score a goal let alone win. Just can't crack it with Villa.

Same for me. It ultimately stopped me from playing. It is frustrating when no matter what you do, you still struggle. I found the formation 4-1-4-1 to be successful, but I hated using it. I was midtable with that formation, but that was only because I wasn't conceding any goals and maybe scoring 1 goal a match. Then I started a career with Man U and went undefeated for 20+ games. 

This game is weird sometimes. I had Adama, sold him for 40m, 6 months later they (PSG) don't want him and I snap him up for 20m.

Ajax have a really good young keeper, I bid 8, 9, 12, 15, and then 18m - all rejected. Everton bid 8.75m a few days later, it is accepted, then I bid the same and it is accepted, he then signs a new contract with Ajax before they accept 6.75m from Everton a few days later and he goes there.

So many strange things happen.

• Like 1

This game is weird sometimes. I had Adama, sold him for 40m, 6 months later they (PSG) don't want him and I snap him up for 20m.

Ajax have a really good young keeper, I bid 8, 9, 12, 15, and then 18m - all rejected. Everton bid 8.75m a few days later, it is accepted, then I bid the same and it is accepted, he then signs a new contract with Ajax before they accept 6.75m from Everton a few days later and he goes there.

So many strange things happen.

Yep, transfers are so broken at times.

• Like 1

It took me until 2024 to win anything with Villa, Europa League (beat AC Milan something like 4-0 in the final too) and then the Super Cup (beating Man Utd. in that). Now coming up to January in 3rd place in the league, Capital One Cup semifinal, and qualified from my Champions league group of Bayern, Fenerbache, and Inter.

Still ridiculous that my players want to leave though.

You know when you are smashing a lower league team in the cup (tonnes of shots, possession etc), but it is still level and into extra time - and you know this is the game doing it because you've seen it before, a loss on penalties coming.

You know when you are smashing a lower league team in the cup (tonnes of shots, possession etc), but it is still level and into extra time - and you know this is the game doing it because you've seen it before, a loss on penalties coming.

17-16 on penalties?

I always try for certain goals. Like try get Sunderland debt free. Can turn out to be a decent long term save with you having to get players on the cheap and sell them for big money.

Â