Match Thread

theboyangel

Nice1 charles youll prob still be on bench first game with numpty still manager

He played the second 45 mins against Chesterfield and missed the whole of last season - its understandable that he's being eased back into action but don't let that stop you berating the manager (who has it right IMO concerning reintegrating CNZ)

I said the other night after chesterfield we are poor and people said its pre season well this season we are going down prepare yourselves lads

Surely you're not using that side as a barometer for the season. Only Guzan and Okore will start the Stoke game from the 1 that played against Chesterfield.

He played the second 45 mins against Chesterfield and missed the whole of last season - its understandable that he's being eased back into action but don't let that stop you berating the manager (who has it right IMO concerning reintegrating CNZ)

Hes been fit for ages, the manager just didn't play him. He even said so on his Instagram account that he wasn't allowed in to training!

Hes been fit for ages, the manager just didn't play him. He even said so on his Instagram account that he wasn't allowed in to training!

seriously...... I don't think so.

after watching this, why would Vlaar stay?

I'm watching the interview that Vlaar did at half-time and it starts like this.

Interviewer:

''Ron, how nice of you to come and do the interview with us. What I'm noticing from the first half is that Villa without Vlaar..is uhm well...for the taking'' 

Vlaar reply:

''Yeah, well...what can I say''

Interviewer:

''That they're disappointing!''

Vlaar reply:

''Yeah, I didn't expect this. I've joined the squad today and haven't seen anything from pre-season yet but I expected a lot more than this. Hopefully we can make some changes for the second half to improve things''

After that a series of World Cup questions and John de Wolf talking about his performances and improvements over the last 3/4 seasons. Back to Villa.

Interviewer:

''Now that you've returned with your improved status as a player within Villa, England and possibly Other countries as well. Clubs are bound to be interested. What is your take on this''

Vlaar reply:

''I cannot and also don't want to talk about this. Not much is going on as well. I'm focussed on Aston Villa and am looking forward to start training and playing again. I'm looking forward to the challenges coming up and I'm always looking for challenges within me, trying to improve and give my best''

thanks man, was wondering what went on :)

• Like 3

seriously...... I don't think so.

So he has the same injury as Benteke, yet was out for almost an entire year when Benteke is due back in 6 months.

Why was he given a bomb squad number like Hutton, Bent etc?

Lambert had no intention of playing him.

Â