Last 16: Tuesday 1st ARG SWI BEL USA

limpid

Belgium could have dominated with Benteke IMO.

and me, seen a couple of times now where someone has got free out wide and the movement in the middle is non existent, hold up play is poor, looks like they are going for the counter

Maybe it is only us lot who see it being as we see/saw him week in week out, but I can't think of many players who can hold the ball up better than our Tekkers. He adds a whole new dimension to our game as well as Belgium's, Lukaku has flopped in this tournament and Origi isn't ready. They really need him, such a shame :(

• Like 1

Never heard of yedlin before, but came on at fullback and looking good going forward.

He's a pacy kid and he's looked great so far—fearless—but I've seen a fair bit of him in MLS and his positioning and reading of the game is consistent with his age; he can definitely be exposed. But so far, we haven't seen any of that and I'll be happy for it to stay that way.

Edited by JamieZ

Just had a look at the respective FA mottos.

USA: "United by team, driven by passion"

Belgium: "Expect the Impossible!".

Hmmm, USA could do this and that Belgium motto would never be so true.  I would love it mind. 

The U.S. have been entirely on the back foot since the interval. Zusi has been positively dire. Jones also hasn't been present in this match the way he has been thus far.