Last 16: Tuesday 1st ARG SWI BEL USA

limpid

They don't deserve it. Not a **** chance they win this tournament.

Wanna bet? It's always the dull dreary teams that make it far.

Sure, what's your wager? :)

Starting lineups:

USA — Howard, Gonzalez, Bradley, Besler, Beasley, Dempsey, Bedoya, Jones, Zusi, Cameron, Johnson

Belgium — Courtois, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Hazard, Mertens, Van Buyten, Origi

I really like Cameron starting as a DM/third centre back for the U.S. I think it makes sense given Belgium’s attacking options and the way teams have been lining up at this World Cup. I’ve been thinking about that option a lot over the past few days, but I’m actually a bit surprised to see it reflected in Klinsmann’s lineup.

They don't deserve it. Not a **** chance they win this tournament.

Wanna bet? It's always the dull dreary teams that make it far.

Sure, what's your wager? :)

I'll donate to VT if Argentina don't make it to the semis

although if USA win, bets off. I'll donate anyway but I can't bet against the nation that I am currently living in!

Edited by Czechlad

Beckerman dropped, Bradley plays on. Perplexing.

Not so much to be honest. Yes Bradley has made a few errors, but he runs USA's midfield. Jurgen can't drop his conductor for someone new this far into the tournament. The USA playing style relies on Bradley.

• Like 1

Beckerman dropped, Bradley plays on. Perplexing.

Not so much to be honest. Yes Bradley has made a few errors, but he runs USA's midfield. Jurgen can't drop his conductor for someone new this far into the tournament. The USA playing style relies on Bradley.

I tend to agree with you. We have no quid-pro-quo replacement for Bradley. He covers so much ground and puts in so much work at both ends, he's so essential to our shape, that even if he's playing below his level best (which I'll freely admit has been the case thus far this tournament), he's not somebody you can afford to drop from this lineup. Ghana and Portugal were not great matches for Bradley, but I thought he looked much sharper against Germany.